• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuck with multiple clips selected

Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have selected multiple clips on the timeline and applied an effect.  Now when I click away from the clips they will all deselect as expected, but when I click back on any one of those clips all of the previously selected clips highlight and act as a single clip.  All I did was adjust the gain of the audio to a group of clips.  Is there any way to deselect them and make each clip behave normally? 

Running the most recent update of Premiere Pro CC.  I tried closing Premiere and restarting with the same result.  This is very baffling.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Click on one of the clips that selects all the highlighted clips, then go to the menu Clip and see if UnGroup is a selectable option. If so, select it.

You may have grouped the clips by accident, as the short cut for Group is "Command (Control) + G" and the shortcut to adjust the gain is "G".

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on one of the clips that selects all the highlighted clips, then go to the menu Clip and see if UnGroup is a selectable option. If so, select it.

You may have grouped the clips by accident, as the short cut for Group is "Command (Control) + G" and the shortcut to adjust the gain is "G".

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you.  That was it.  I must have inadvertently hit the control key trying to get into the gain adjustment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope didn't help. Same issue as jimclark1947, but this solution didn't work. Any other ideas. This is infuriating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I did was copy everything in the tweaked out timeline and pasted it into a new sequence. Please update Premiere so it doesn't allow the user to make odd mistakes like that. If it cannot be noticed how you did it without trying and it is impossible to get it back to normal, then you should not have it in the program. Total waste of time and flow drag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2023 and this bug is still happening! Come on Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines