• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unsupported Video Driver on both machines since 2020 update

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm completely at a loss for what to do about this and everyday of this issue is another day i'm behind on my work scheduel.

I just upgraded my main PC and put top of the line parts in (everything except the graphics card which i planned to upgrade in the future when i can afford it as its not essential for editing) and i'm still getting this same error.

I have a GTX 560 which should be able to handle anything in Adobe but since the update there has been nothing I can do and my projects have been lagging and crashing 50+ times a day.

I read that in the 2020 update they have made is so if you have somewhat 'old parts' they are no longer compatible? That is insane for anyone who doesn't have $3000+ for a beast editing rig and my laptop is only 3 years old so I should not be getting a similar driver issue with that aswell.

Both rigs gpu drivers are up to date and i can get past the issues on my laptop by reinstalling the same version driver over and over everytime i restart the computer as i get the error again. 😞

I thought at least if i upgraded everything else besides the GTX560 i'd at least be able run it without the gpu but i'm still getting the same playback errors in the projects im working on and since this years update I've had nothing but problems and bigger hole in my bank account since you upped the price. 

84929209_480455762905268_2447217286600196096_n.pnggpu error.png

Please help before i pull out my hair 😕

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

On your desktop that GTX 560 is now totally obsolete. NVIDIA had discontinued all driver support for that GPU back in 2018. The last driver version that was compatible with the GTX 560, version 391.35, came out way back in March of 2018. Unfortunately, Premiere Pro 2020 now requires a driver version higher than 430.xx in order to run properly. Even Premiere Pro 2019 requires a driver version higher than 396.xx to work correctly. But 391.35 does not support the version of CUDA that's required of

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On your desktop that GTX 560 is now totally obsolete. NVIDIA had discontinued all driver support for that GPU back in 2018. The last driver version that was compatible with the GTX 560, version 391.35, came out way back in March of 2018. Unfortunately, Premiere Pro 2020 now requires a driver version higher than 430.xx in order to run properly. Even Premiere Pro 2019 requires a driver version higher than 396.xx to work correctly. But 391.35 does not support the version of CUDA that's required of newer versions of Premiere Pro. The only fix for that is to purchase an entirely new graphics card based on a newer architecture (as that GTX 560 is now almost eight years old at this point). Worst of all, that GTX 560 is much slower and weaker than even an entry-level current-generation GTX GPU, such as a GTX 1650 (and that's not to mention that the Fermi architecture came out well before 4k became popular and therefore is limited to 2.5k resolution in hardware - it can't do 4k well).

As for your laptop, some laptop manufacturers will refuse to update its own drivers for the Intel IGP. This will force you to download drivers directly from the Intel site - and then, attempting to install them onto your laptop will fail with a warning that the driver either isn't validated for your laptop or the hardware does not minimum requirements. The only fix for this, unfortunately, is to temporarily disconnect from the Internet, completely uninstall all traces of the existing Intel graphics drivers, install the new drivers that had been downloaded directly from Intel, and then reconnecting to the Internet (the temporary disconnection from the Internet will prevent Microsoft Update from redownloading and reinstalling the wrong or outdated drivers).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thankyou I will try that with the laptop and see if I can fix the issue and I guess save up some cash to upgrade my graphics card. That all makes sense I guess but still is a big disapointment that I can't utilize the graphics card in anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines