Exit

Welcome to Premiere Pro 15.4!

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to Premiere Pro 15.4!

Update Icon.png

Hello and welcome to July release of Premiere Pro! Premiere Pro 15.4 is now available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop app. Premiere Pro 15.4 introduces Speech to Text, the first integrated and automated workflow for adding and customizing captions for video. This release also adds native support for Apple M1 devices, new tools for stylizing titles and captions, and other workflow improvements that help you work faster and deliver content that connects with your audience.

This update is recommended for all users. 

If you are experiencing any issues, please create a new post explaining your issue so we can help.

If you have a bug to report or any complaint, please do that on User Voice. 

New Features in Premiere Pro 15.4

pr_whatsnew_autocaption.png

Speech to Text

The industry’s only integrated NLE solution for captioning videos, includes automated transcription, a dedicated Captions track on the Timeline, design tools for customizing captions, and a full range of export options.
More info

pr_whatsnew_tools.png

Transcript editing tools

Review and edit transcripts easily, with tools like search and replace, insert pauses, the ability to distinguish between speakers, and an option to export text files from the Transcript panel.

More info

pr_whatsnew_autocaption.png
Generate captions automatically

Powered by Adobe Sensei, Speech to Text transforms transcripts into caption items on the timeline, matching the pacing of your dialog. If needed, you can apply broadcast captioning presets or create your own.

More info

whatsnewapplem1.png
Native support for Apple M1 computers

For macOS users, everything is faster on the Apple M1 - from launch times to export, and editing is buttery smooth. Premiere Pro allows you to take advantage of the latest hardware advances.

More info

pr_whatsnew_newtileing.png

New titling and caption tools

Even more tools for stylizing text and captions, including multiple shadows for text, text background enhancements, and expanded font substitution for 28 different international alphabets.

More info

upgrade-legacy-titles-updated.png

Upgrade Legacy Titles to Source Graphics

Convert Legacy Titles into Source Graphics within your Premiere Pro projects. Source Graphics are displayed in the Project panel where you can track and sort them like any other project item. 

More Info

pr_whatsnew_colorenhancment.png
Color improvements: Tetrahedral LUT interpolation

Tetrahedral LUT interpolation in Premiere Pro offers more precise interpretation of color information for better consistency when grading footage with difficult lighting conditions, such as strong shadows and highlights in the same shot, and reducing the chances of introducing banding during post-production.

More info

Screen Shot_06.png

Faster Team Projects

Premiere Pro offers faster saving for Team Projects, thanks to a lean new project file structure. Now in public Beta, progressive project loading means you can start working faster after opening existing projects and improved media relinking makes it easier to keep local assets organized..

More info

whatsnewcustomizelable.png

Label colors and clip names

Customize label colors and clip names on the timeline with the option of  limiting the change to the current sequence, or applying the change to your source media – helpful for editors working on shared Productions.

More info

pr_whatsnew_sceneeditdetection.png

Faster Scene Edit Detection

Scene Edit Detection, powered by Adobe Sensei, is up to 2x faster on macOS and Windows, and 3X faster on Apple M1 devices.

More info

pr_whatsnew_automaticeaudiodevice.png

Automatic audio device switching

Premiere Pro on Windows now detects changes and switches automatically when you swap out audio devices, such as interfaces, microphones, or headphones.

More info

pr_whatsnew_discontinuedcuda.png

Discontinued CUDA and OpenCL support on macOS

As macOS moves towards modern Metal-based graphics, we are discontinuing our support for CUDA and OpenCL graphics.

More info

Complete documentation for 15.4 features

New Features

Fixed Issues

Known issues

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discontinued CUDA and OpenCL support on macOS

As macOS moves towards modern Metal-based graphics, we are discontinuing our support for CUDA and OpenCL graphics.

So first Mac Pro users had to get Radeon cards because of zero support for Nvidia and now this?

It seems older mac hardware is pretty much going to obsolete because of the M1.

Sad day indeed as new hardware costs a small fortune

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same is coming for Windows/Intel machines.  Nvidia has been showing off arm processers with RTX 3070 like video cards.   A shift in the ground below is within site of the horizon.  Might work out that Adobe software is 'as a service' / subscription based as the hardware changes out.  I hope that doesn't give them ideas to change the subscription to tie it to platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pr_whatsnew_automaticeaudiodevice.png

Automatic audio device switching

Premiere Pro on Windows now detects changes and switches automatically when you swap out audio devices, such as interfaces, microphones, or headphones.

More info

Finally! By far my favourite feature. Now I can edit away with my headphones and when the boss asks me how it's going, I can just pull out my headphones and play the preview!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JA,
I'll pass along the kudos. This is going to solve a lot of troubleshooting sound problems for everyone, as well. I'm glad of that!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

Will Premiere run well on an M1 macbook air and/or mac mini?

John Putch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure. I have an M1 MacBook Pro and all is going very well. We don't have any benchmarking specs that I am aware of if that's what you're looking for. My professional opinion is to never purchase the lowest end Macs for video editing. Most of our testing is with midgrade machines, so that is the sweet spot. Cry once...be happy later, I believe is the expression. I recommend a MacBook Pro with at least 16 GB RAM. That should be a right fit for you, not an 8 GB RAM machine that may struggle with higher end footage.

Hope that the advice helps.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -  Does the 15.4 update completely remove legacy titles?  I'd like to ease my way in project-by-project with the "upgrade" command.  But in the middle of too many things right now to take the full plunge.  Is it safe to upgrade still?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GD, 

No, it's still included along with obsolete video effects and other items you need to carry your projects forward. It's a great idea to ease out of the old and into the new. Let me know if you need any help with strategies for migration moving forward. Only too happy to help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, hello.
Consider getting rid of the old text already. It's time to make the product more modern and reliable.
With respect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it does not work with BM Ultra Studio 3G Monitor. Just informed by Adobe tech support!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get this update? Have tried everything to prompt the update but nothing. Still shows 15.2. 

I could really do with the transcribing feature for a project, especially as you removed it from 15.2!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the issue. Have you tried signing out of the Creative Cloud app and then signing back in?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried uninstalling premiere and restarting, signing out and in. Uninstalling everything, and uninstalling creative cloud and sownloading the lastest one.

Still wont show me 15.4 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tyler,

At this point, you may want to contact call and chat here.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just shown up today funny enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

你好,我的转录文字功能为什么显示收到不良网络

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the issue. Please refer to this FAQ.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, hello! 
I really want that when viewing in the viewing window, when the frame is cropped, the function of displaying the sound wave is added. Determining the entry/exit points would be as accurate as possible. Now you are flipping through the game head for a very long time to focus the right place for cropping. This function is needed to prioritize the selection of material and display it in the preview window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great feature request, Baffy. Make that here, please.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Label colors and clip names

Customize label colors and clip names on the timeline with the option of  limiting the change to the current sequence, or applying the change to your source media – helpful for editors working on shared Productions.

I don't know why they even included this in the big 15.4 rollout...we've been able to do this for YEARS!  Right click on clip, go to label, and change the color.  Or am I missing something Kevin?

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You missed a key point ... this was for Productions work, not stand-alone projects. So yea, you missed something.

In Productions, they were looking at an issue where if someone changed their pref for this, and modded label colors, it would mod them for all others working in the same project. Ticking off other editors royally, right?

So in Productions, you were had limits to what label changes you could do. Which solved the above problem, but created others.

So now ... they're letting the users decide in Productions projects. (And perhaps fight it out within a team ... lol.)

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines