• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Rush crashing on iphone with iOS 17.1

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a critical error exporting videos on iphone 15 running ios 17.1. Apple has confirmed not a device problem. I have deleted and reinstalled the adobe rush app. While editting a project the "scrub" lags a lot. On export, I get some progress and then the whole app crashes. What is the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Hello Community,

I can report that the update for Rush is now available for download. I appreciate all your posts and upvotes. Your messages have helped the team priortize this fix, so thank you! On behalf of Adobe, I apologize for this situation.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Seems to be a file format incompatibility. I changed Camera Settings, Formats to Most Compatible. This may limit Cinematic, 4K at 60FPS and HDR video, so really needs Adobe to allow these formats. I have adjusted and use other apps for some projects

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 346 Replies 346
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alisha, it seems Adobe is trying to fix the problem! Rush has been working with fewer crashing episodes on my end! 
let me know about your experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently upgraded from iPhone 13 Pro to the 15 pro max. Anytime I try and use Rush with small 4K videos (under 30-40 seconds in total) the app crashes. 100% of the time it will crash, either while trying to cut and add a transition or while trying to export the video. Additionally it won't let me add any graphics/subtitles at all. I click on Add but it won't add anything to the project. I have deleted the app and re downloaded it but nothing has changed. Using a college educator account if that matters. (University of Arizona). This was a great app for quick projects on my mobile device until now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues with me. Just crashes no matter what I'm doing. About 10 seconds in it shuts down. Have tried reinstalling several times, reset phone, etc.  using on iPhone 15 pro max with hd video latest firmware. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jay336179235hui, Hi @sdergar9,

I read about your issue. I have heard some reports that Apple devices with iOS 17 are having trouble with Rush. I have reported this to the product team. I hope they can find a fix soon. Otherwise, rolling back to a previous version of iOS should work, if it is possible. Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2023 Nov 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin please fix it quick, is almost 15 days with this problem. I am paying for this app that I can't use 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's zero way to go back on a system update. We're stuck with a crashing app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Kevin, but rolling back to an older verison won't be possible. Rush has limitations even without these issues. Adobe must be faster in tacking care of its updates. I'm not able to edit any videos anymore. Rush only accepts images. So, I'm adapting. Let's see how it plays out. Please, I kindly ask you to consider not only fixing this problem, but also updating the app in its totality. Just a suggestion.

thank you so much for your attention.

sabrina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jay336179235hui - @sdergar9 - @miguel29371840kv3l - @B276403212p5w - @Sarah228894219kz3 - @sabrina34091914acma - @wolfgangv54165901 - and @Michael33377931t84u, have you updated Rush yet? If so, how's it going so far. Please let the community know. I'll give feedback to the devs for you.

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Hello @steve33696832qt1n - @Ryan33456195wkjg and @MEGA DRONE, I was wondering if you updated Rush yet? What's happening so far? Please let us know. I'll pass along feedback to the devs on behalf of the community.

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin! 

I have been struggling with Rush since I upgraded to the new iPhone 15 ProMax. I am currently running on the phone and YES I have also updated to the latest version of Rush. The lag is horrible. Rush keeps crashing. It's currently useless to me on the phone. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I have used Rush for years and have never had problems like this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here....

Carl
Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having the issue also.

I have spent many hours on the phone with Adobe Support attempting to rectify the issue. It was unsuccessful. As a result, the Adobe Support team told me to revert to iOS 17 in order to allow the app to work, however, at risk of security issues I haven't reverted, and have made an official complaint using the customer support contact on the website.

They have refunded my costs since the beginning of this issue.

I am now using a different product to make my videos, and once the "refund" period exprires, unless Adobe has fixed the issue, I will be permanently leaving ALL Adobe product subscriptions and moving my business elsewhere.

It's now been 3 months since Premiere Rush has worked on my iPhone.

Not good enough, Adobe.

Cheers

Keithy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, @Keithy W,

That is not good news at all. Sorry about that. I'm beginning to think that something may be going on with this specific device, perhaps there is a difference in its internal hardware as compared to its predecessors. I will ask the team to check on this. Sorry for the continued frustration on this.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@adams82855197 and @Keithy W,  I do have your feedback. Thank you. I am sorry that the bug fix is not working for you. I will continue to investigate as to why it's not working for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G’day Kevin,

Sadly, no the app still crashes. It's varied as to when it's going to crash - just last night it crashed as the video was opening to edit!

I have the latest version of the app, iOS and even had a try as a completely new project to no avail.

Yesterday I called Adobe customer service and logged a report. After a long chat and working together to attempt a number of potential fixes, it still remains faulty. The Adobe team are going to call me back in about an hour with further attempts to isolate the issue and come up with a solution or at least to aid the team in solving it.

Getting angry is not productive, and I understand completely, but working with the team now will hopefully provide a means to work on a fix.

Cheers

Keithy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disappointing to hear @Keithy W! I will continue to advocate for a fix for your issue. I wonder if the iOS 17.2 update will help at all. HEVC footage might be causing some of the pain, but that footage is hard to avoid these days. Sorry about that. I hope I can help, though.

Let us know what assisted support says.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got off the phone to the Adobe team again (second day). As you mention there, they suggest that the 17.2 iOS update will resolve the issue. They suggested that I revert to an earlier iOS version in the meantime if I wish to bypass the issue.

I don't want to be a whinging customer mate, because they suck!!, but as a paying customer I certainly hope that Adobe remunirates paying customers for their lost revenue and the excessive delay in resolution of this issue...

Cheers

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have to agree with @Keithy W 

I don't do anything too elaborate and it is costing me the money and the time. And time is of essence. I can imagine those who rely on Rush. 
Also, I believe in this day an age, Adobe asking us to go back to an older version of iOS so that Rush works is unbelievable. 
Let's wait and see

Cheers,

Sabrina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, @sabrina34091914acma,

Sorry for the problem. Are you operating with an iPhone 15 Pro Max, as well? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin, 

I am also having the same issue after my app updating four days ago. I'm on the most recent version of iOS on my IPad Pro.

It's causing me significant issues with deadlines due within the next week and a huge amount of work already done on a project. 

Really, really hoping that this issue is resolved quickly! 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Any advice please on how to render my video on the RU app when using my iPhone 15 pro? When I completed editing the video and export, it sits with no activity when rendering. 
I've had to download another editing app to upload the video. I've tried every quality setting as well from 4k to 720 and nothing. I've tried the phone on airplane mode, turned the phone on and off and it doesn't work. It's like the Ru app is not able to process the 4k videos. I've liked the Ru app in the past but with the amount of crashing when I'm editing over these past few months and now not being able to render I'm looking at other options. 
Thank you for your help,
Sarah 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah,

I'm having the exact same issue on my iPhone 15 Pro Max.

I managed to bypass it by reducing the things I was asking the app to do while saving, which subsequently made the video less quality (I had to remove footage that I wanted to keep).  But it allowed me to get the job done.

My previous iPhone 13 Pro Max had no issue doing the same thing.

I hope Adobe gets their (expletive removed) together because recording videos is my livelihood, and until i can get a better laptop, i'm limited to using the iPhone to edit videos.  If it keeps up I will be using other App providers to do the job.

Cheers

Keith

Mod note: Profanity removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might add, I just managed to make the "full video" without cutting out any footage, but there's a catch!

I had to cut the video into 4 parts, leaving all transitions and overlays in the video, and save each part I had "cut" individually. 

After saving each quadrant, I then re-initiated Rush and added each saved quadrant (essentially joining the whole video back together as one), and then saved it.

Keep in mind this was only a 20min video, but the iPhone 15 has a data-heavy camera, and I believe this is why we are experiencing issues.

Cheers

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the outcome:

https://youtu.be/cUm5w6x21_w

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here is a screenshot of the way I managed to do it:

Not in order, the completed project, the cuts, and screenshots of the quadrants, all between 5 and 7 mins long (with room to cut and adjust the speed post-save).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines