• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Critical bug, cannot add video to timeline on ios

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Rush has great potential but I have a major issue; I can’t add videos from my Camera Roll to my timeline on iOS.

iPhone 7/iPad Mini 4/iPad Pro on iOS 12.0.1 with app version 1.0.0.

See screen recording here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/assets/204911026/36B951B7-C8DB-4ADB-9855-FE8B009F8ABC.MOV

Steps to replicate:

1. Video appears in iOS Camera Roll and playback is fine

2. Videos appear in Media tab of Rush, and holding down on a clip opens a Preview where playback is fine.

3. Click + to add clip, and add.

4. App shows progress bar which completes and disappears, but then the clip is not added to the timeline.

Pretty major bug so I cannot use Rush yet.

Happens on all my iOS devices with a variety of footage from my DJI Mavic Pro drone (exported natively from DJI app).

Thank you for any guidance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try with media shot on your iPhone or iPad. This is just to confirm that import works with standard iOS media. If so, then we can focus on why the drone content doesn’t import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media shot within the app, or from an iPhone, do import, yes.

The DJI content does preview and play within Rush, but not import to the timeline.

Thank you for the swift response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sawood,

We found a similar issue in Premiere Pro 13.0 that DJI Mavic 2 Pro Drone Footage / MP4 Files / HEVC files are not importing importing in Premiere Pro 13.0 error message "The file has an unsupported compression type".

Please share one of the footage may be of few seconds so that we can check it further.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is footage from a DJI Mavic Pro (version 1). The clips do preview in Rush, and they can be imported successfully into Adobe Premiere Clip.

A sample clip is here: Dropbox - 977D3936-B4AE-409E-AA53-2784A6990CE5.MP4

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot.

I will check and revert ASAP.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sawood,

I can import this footage perfectly and it is working fine on iPhone 7 (12.0.1).

Do you see any exclamation mark while the footage is syncing? Also, can you send a small recording of the behavior.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vinay,

There is no Sync symbol appearing in the project I assume because no clips are added to the timeline, so I can’t see an exclamation.

I already attached a full screen recording to my original post above showing the exact issue I have.

I have also tried older footage (not the latest clips), to see if it was a corrupt batch, with my iPhone 7 on 12.0.1 and have the same issue.

Thank you,

Sawood

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sawood,

I checked the recording. Please click on the icon called control tracks (snapshot below) to check if the tracks are hidden somehow.

Also, if it doesn't help then let me know have you tried uninstall and reinstall Rush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a new screen recording showing that I have opened the tracks button and no clips appear: Dropbox - Video 22-10-2018, 18 57 21.mp4

Yes, I have tried deleting, restarting and installing the app on my iPhone and iPads.

I have also tried downloading my above sample clip from Dropbox to try and re-create your test (in case Dropbox affected the compression somehow) but this clip still fails to import.

Given that Adobe Premiere Clip does handle the clips, I believe there is a bug in Rush.

Can I enable any kind of logging at my end for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that the clip previews in Rush and imports into Clip is noteworthy, but it does not get us very far--and it doesn't really mean that the failure to import into Rush is a bug, per se. The reason is that both Clip import and Rush preview use the native iOS decoder, whereas Rush has its own engine for decoding and rendering video. So it's entirely possible we'll run into cases where a video file will preview fine but then fail to import or run into some other problem. In those cases, additional work will be required to add support on iOS.

That said, this does not appear to be such a case. The sample clip you posted imports fine when I bring it in from Dropbox. But it fails when I download it to my Camera Roll and import from there. I'll need to do more testing, but I suspect that something is getting changed in the process of downloading from Dropbox to Camera Roll.

In general, when you're working with content that was not shot on your mobile device, I recommend importing it via Rush on desktop (or laptop). Whereas the mobile version of Rush is optimized for media native to the mobile platform, the desktop version has a much more powerful decoder engine. Also, Rush-desktop creates proxy files, and that's what gets synced to the cloud for other systems to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mark, I am glad you are able to replicate my issue. Finally, not just me experiencing this.

As a minimum, the UI experience is a bug; if the content fails to render then the user should be informed as such rather than seeing a completed progress bar.

I appreciate the workaround of importing via desktop but the whole point and premise of Rush is that this content is starting on mobile, on the move, where I wish to commence the edit. If I need to import on desktop then I may as well go straight into Premiere Pro CC.

I look forward to your investigation on iOS that helps us find the cause, and a resolution, to this. Rush to start DJI drone edits will be extremely popular.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to add that in certain scenarios that I cannot reliably reproduce, the clips do import from the camera roll, but only partly (limited length, and not all clips). If I start a new project with 15 clips for instance, 2-3 of the clips exported from the DJI Go app to the camera roll do arrive in the Rush timeline,  trimmed randomly, but no subsequent clips from there. Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sawood!

We've added some updates recently to improve Premiere Rush usability. Have they helped you out? Have you had more luck importing from the desktop? I'd love an update.

Thanks!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caroline, sadly this is not resolved. I still cannot import DJI clips to Rush from the camera roll, I also cannot import ANY video clips from the camera roll to Creative Cloud via its iOS app, so I continue to have to go via the desktop which defeats the point of this workflow. I also haven’t had any Enterprise support contact since I last raised this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having the exact same issue with some clips importing and others not all on the same day , location, DJI device and settings. I really don’t want to buy a new pc just to make this rush product work 😕

i looked into into options and Adobe is supposed to be top shelf, not at the moment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

First, let's make sure your device meets the system requirements for the app: Adobe Premiere Rush CC System Requirements

Secondly, let's try transcoding your media before import from DJI to something else. You can use Adobe Media Encoder to do so or you can use Handbrake (https://handbrake.fr/ ).

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, my original issue refers to a workflow entirely on iOS. I don’t want to use my PC as that defeats the purpose. My aim is to shoot drone video with the DJI app, save to the native camera roll, and then import into Premiere Rush for iOS. I think this will become a very popular workflow.

Given that the original footage does work if it is first uploaded to Creative Cloud via desktop (since I can’t upload ANY video on iOS itself), and imports successfully into Rush from the cloud, demonstrates (to me) that the footage does not require any further transcoding.

Hope that helps.

--

Sawood Pearce

[Address, phone, and other personal information deleted by moderator. This is a public forum.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I just downloaded the rush cc app in my iPhone 8+ and excited to try. But it came with the same problem as you, i had a failure of importing videos which‘s recorded by my iPhone camera and some other iPhone camera app.

I have tried to reopen the app and even start another project, but the problem is still there.

I would like to know is it a bug? Can adobe fix it and answer our question asap.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One year old and you cant get a video imported into this VIDEO EDITING app, and your solution is to use a pc, import it, and come back to a mobile devic, makes no bloody sense, if that’s the case remove the import button on the app completely, bc there’s no point, fix this problem, its not hard, 12 other FREE VIDEO EDITING apps can edit better than rush, BE CAUSE IT CAN GET THE VIDEO TO EDIT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also the only online cloud service is drop box, really, you can’t add google drive, argua the bigger and better online file cloud, can this app do anything right??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have to compress my video THREE TIMES reducing the video quality exponentially with each compressio, so thanks, for reducing my video quality to an unusable point adobe, I might as well throw paint onto a canvas and send that as a finished video, because you won’t be able to see the differenc, that’s how bad my videos quality will be now, so thank you for screwing up my source of income

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 years later and I'm still having the exact same problem.  It's random in that it will import one of the clips from my DJI cached videos but none of the other ones. If I edit them and re save them in DJI go then they will import. It makes no sense though because some of them do import. Come on adobe get your sh** together it's been way too long and this is still not fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 years later and issue still persistis. Both with DJI Footage and iPhone recorded footage. Need to drop my subscriptions, Premiere is useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines