Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone 16 4k or cinematic videos not compatible with Premiere Rush

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2024 Sep 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just got the new IPhone 16 and I started filming 4k videos or cinematic videos. Once I upload them to Premiere Rush it shows Media import error. It says unsupported media type. 1 of 1 media could not be imported.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import , Mobile version , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 08, 2024 Oct 08, 2024

So my husband found a work around for importing iphone 16 4k videos into adobe rush using the adobe media encoder - if you upload your videos via icloud drive, run them through media encoder w/ the proper format, then export unmodified original video in your iphotos with the formatted one in the icloud drive and it'll let you import to rush. It's definitely a lot of steps but I was able to edit my footage by doing this. 

HOPE IT HELPS IN ANY WAY! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 30, 2024 Sep 30, 2024

True, @Alextheyachtbroker, cinematic mode is not yet supported. Sorry about that! I'll let the team know. Check out Project Violet by Adobe Labs on the AppStore and see if the newer software might support those formats. Let me know!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2024 Sep 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2024 Sep 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boosting because this exact thing just happened to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True, @Alextheyachtbroker, cinematic mode is not yet supported. Sorry about that! I'll let the team know. Check out Project Violet by Adobe Labs on the AppStore and see if the newer software might support those formats. Let me know!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

That sounds fantastic! Thank you so much for getting back to me. In the meantime, I'm using the Premiere Rush app on my MacBook Pro, and it’s working fine. The issue seems to be only with the mobile app. Thanks again—I’ll check out Project Violet and test it with that.

Best,
Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2024 Oct 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this reply. Ill try on Macbook. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe Rush plan on fixing this issue of not being compatible w/ iphone 16 4k videos? It's been like this for a few weeks -- crazy to charge a subscription but not have the full capabilities. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @mmikitos,

Welcome to the forum.

Does Adobe Rush plan on fixing this issue of not being compatible w/ iphone 16 4k videos? It's been like this for a few weeks -- crazy to charge a subscription but not have the full capabilities. 

By @mmikitos

I'm not on the product team, I'm in support so I do not have an answer to that question. Sorry about that. Can you send me a sample file (or a link to an uploaded file) exhibiting the error via PM so I can pass it along to the team? I hope to help you find a solution after receiving sample footage. Sorry for the hassle.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2024 Oct 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan Chiming in to say please please please fix this issue! Just got the iphone 16 and was so excited to start editing higher quality videos in Rush, which is the app I've been using years. To see that the files were not supported in the app was such a disappointment! I depend on the ability to edit quick videos on the fly without having to change the formats or use a computer. If no one with a new iphone can use your product, I think that's a big problem! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2024 Oct 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add I'm also experiencing this. Not just cinematic mode either, regular video on the iPhone 16 pro won't import. 

it works perfectly with project violet but unfortunately that's missing some features from rush and won't import rush projects. My current workaround is to import into violet and then export before importing again to rush. Not ideal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will point the team to your post. Can you upload a sample clip to DropBox and PM me the URL? I hope I can help you, @Ai3x!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2024 Oct 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still need a sample clip, @Azteca - can you help the team out?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2024 Oct 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, have this problem with all video types from the iPhone 16. I don't have a solution, but I see that others are also having this problem and wanted to voice that I, too, see the issue for any video I try to upload into Rush. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my husband found a work around for importing iphone 16 4k videos into adobe rush using the adobe media encoder - if you upload your videos via icloud drive, run them through media encoder w/ the proper format, then export unmodified original video in your iphotos with the formatted one in the icloud drive and it'll let you import to rush. It's definitely a lot of steps but I was able to edit my footage by doing this. 

HOPE IT HELPS IN ANY WAY! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your workaround, @mmikitos. Much appreciated! Transcoding the video using Adobe Media Encoder to a supported format, like H.264 is a good idea. I hope the team can provide support for this format soon, as it seems to be very popular. It would be nice to work with this format without having to transcode it.

Take Care,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
20 hours ago 20 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting in H.264 is whitewashing the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2024 Oct 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the very same problems. I don't want to go to another product but what can I do?  This is how I run my channel 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2024 Oct 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you shooting cinematic mode, @defaultbmzgetofyy5u?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2024 Oct 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - just usual video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
5 hours ago 5 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Upload a sample clip to DropBox or Google Drive and PM me the link. I'll make sure the developers test it out, @defaultbmzgetofyy5u.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines