• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loop bars during editing, are a thing in rush?

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

Maybe I'm missing the option, but  I can't find it.

I was wondering if there's the possibility to have bars for lopping during editing, bar A and bar B, like any other video editor.
If not, there's a chance that it will be added in future versions? 

thank you for any feedback.

Raf

TOPICS
Desktop version , Feature request , How to , Mobile version

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Got it, @Raf-nx.

It sounds like you want to loop in to out with the ability to adjust effects. I know exactly what you want to do. Sorry, that is not available in Rush.

I do this all the time in Premiere Pro. It gets even crazier in After Effects with the Ping Pong loop playback. I do hope the team grants your feature request, though!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Hi Raf,

I will make sure that your feature request and bug report is filed and being acted upon. Sorry for the frustration.

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Raf-nx,

I don't think so. What do you mean by "bars?" Sorry, that I'm not envisioning what you are describing.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, 

The two sticks that you position in the timeline are called looping bars (no?); let's say you have a 2-minute long edit, but you need to loop just 10 seconds to check in a continuous loop that video effect or sound mix, and while the program keeps lopping that selection you make your adjustments, without moving the play bar/stick back to the starting point or in the case on Ipad or iPhone slide back with your finger the play bar and press play to reproduce that parts that you want to edit/listen/check.
Once you set point A to point B and click "loop",  the program will loop forever whatever is inside that selection; you can also use inverted so the program jumps that part inside the two bars, which sometimes is helpful if you want just quickly check if that edit works better without that selected part, without muting or deleting those files.

Does it make sense? 
Let me know. Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.... also, you can select a portion of the timeline and export only that, without exporting the whole movie.
( I actually need to do that right now, that's why I write it now 😄 ..., but I can't, because the looping bars aren't there!  I have to export the whole thing and then cut the part later) 😄 

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it, @Raf-nx.

It sounds like you want to loop in to out with the ability to adjust effects. I know exactly what you want to do. Sorry, that is not available in Rush.

I do this all the time in Premiere Pro. It gets even crazier in After Effects with the Ping Pong loop playback. I do hope the team grants your feature request, though!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah exactly that!
 I know that it might be complicated in a small screen to have that kind of option, but hopefully the team will come up with a smart solution to incorporate that function one day. Thank you anyway, cheers 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to see that too. Thanks so much!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kevin-Monahan , I was thinking instead of the "looping bars" as we talked about, which might be complicated to control on a small screen, It would be possible to add a button with the loop sign that loops the entire video so it will be easier to do short video Social media ready.

YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok already have this function, and integrating it into Rush does not seem complicated at the interface level.

Because now, if I want to see if the video loops correctly, I have to export and then upload it to any social media and check with their video editor if the loop is correct. ... it seems too much work for just editing the loop 😄 ...no?

Also, there is still the issue with the sound at the end of the clip that skips or jumps; this makes the editing of the loop a nightmare. Every time, I need to cut the clip longer and then trim it down on the social media editor. 
I noticed through the forum that this is an old bug, is there any chance it will get fixed soon? 🙂

Thank you for your patience and support.

Raf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raf,

I will make sure that your feature request and bug report is filed and being acted upon. Sorry for the frustration.

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Kevin-Monahan Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines