• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pixelated video glitch in Premiere Rush?

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hoping someone can help me get to the bottom of this Rush glitch- I've been editing my videos on the app for a month now with no problems but now I'm seeing a bunch of my media in the video I'm currently editing get really pixelated, the pixelation varies per frame whenever I try to re-Edit or re-import the original media ( photo below is of one of the frames). It's like wack-a-mole trying to get this video pixelation free and I feel like I'm going insane! Any advice will be SO welcomed! 

Title edited by mod

466A45FB-06AA-4AC7-A5A9-E038B02C1582.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Before exporting, try scrubbing through the video timeline using your finger pushing the timeline from beginning to end. In my experience I found the app buffers the entire video when you scrub through the frames especially when there are cuts between frames.

Then export.

During export keep an eye on the preview window -the glitch should no longer appear.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 115 Replies 115
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. So you went into the project and vertically flick the clips that were glitching and then flipped them back to the regular position and then exported? Just making sure I understand this correctly. Seems like it could work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an issue where the iPhone 11 vertical 16:9 footage was loaded into the rush app and was fine when playing, but when paused and on the Home Screen project thumbnail it had glitched with a single vertical line going through layers of color glitching. It would also export the entire video this way with other no problematic clips being affected during export. I came across this thread. Rotated and saved the footage to horizontal from vertical. Opened the rotated clip in the Rush app. Then transformed the aspect ratio back to vertical 16:9 and then rotated and scaled the footage to its original state. And the glitch disappeared. Problem solved thanks to this advice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched over to LumaFusion. Best decision ever. Just as easy to use, if not better. Gice a try everyone, adobe isn't going to fix this issue. I look back and watch my old YouTube videos created with adobe

premiere and it pisses me off when I see those glitches. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time using Rush, iPhone 14 Pro, this glitching problem is affecting a clip right in the middle of my video. Is there really no solution after all this time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recording screen with mac screen record.  Then I drag and drop into adobe rush and sometimes the videos get pixilated.  Not all the time but some times.  Any way to fix that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before exporting, try scrubbing through the video timeline using your finger pushing the timeline from beginning to end. In my experience I found the app buffers the entire video when you scrub through the frames especially when there are cuts between frames.

Then export.

During export keep an eye on the preview window -the glitch should no longer appear.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also my suggestion is only temporary and NOT a fix of the ROOT CAUSE of the problem. The (glitch) issue STILL EXISTS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am having the same glitch problem on my iPhone 12 mini. This is my first time editing a video on the phone app. Not sure what I should about the glitch-hopefully it can be fixed so I won't have to restart??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this marked as solved when it popped up in google? I have three clips in a two minute video that are glitching. I've tried everything in this thread with no success. Is there something that fixes this that I missed? I am on gen 5 IPad Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How has this problem STILL not been fixed? Adobe, are you just going to keep asking the same questions over and over and apologizing? Or are you going to find a solution for your paying customers? No wonder people are abandoning the app for free versions like Capcut. Imagine being a paid app and losing business to a FREE one. Fix this problem! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have repeatedly had this same issue with RU. There are artifacts and glitches upon export at a transition point between two clips it will show a pixelated potion of a clip that is several clips prior and not between the two. removing the clips and replacing doesnt change this. it comes back. I am using the most upto date version of adobe ru 2.5 (1128) and Iphone 13 pro on ios 15.7. i have had this problem on each iphone it seems to be related to transitions disolve. frustrated that it happens 90% of the time. I have had to use imovie in most cases. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on the fact I posted on here nearly a year ago, I highly double adobe will sort this out. Every response they have offered has not been relevant to what I've been asking. It's like they respond to something you never asked and don't help you solve the issue. I still have the issue of pixelated video. It's stupid, how can Adobe of all people charge a subscription for a service that pixelates your video, it makes it look unprofessional and amateur which is very annoying when I make videos for a living. I will be cancelling my subscription and using something that actually allows me to create a good standard of video without paying a subscription to a place that doesn't fix problems with their own software 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been almost 3 years since this post and it looks like this stil hasn't been sorted out. I wish I'd look into all possible glitches before actually paying the subscription and editing a video for a client. I was shocked after exporting the video and seeing all the glitches... This is really so unprofessional. I've spent hours on editing the video and now it looks like I can do it all over again in another video editing software? Is this for real? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rush is simply unusable on an iPad. Clearly the pixelated glitch is an old problem and isn't going to be resolved. I'm just over it. So very disappointing to spend time editing and have the end result be ruined. Premier Rush is garbage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support is absolutely useless and will lead you around and around in circles forever because not even they know how to fix this problem that only they have. Here's the only fix I've found:

I love the editor itself which is why I still deal with this problem that Adobe refuses to help their paying customers with. So, when I export the video and notice the glitch, I go back to where the glitch occurs, make a cut before and after, and I import the raw footage. Then I cut the raw footage down to the area that glitches so that the clip repeats itself twice. 

Export the video, and if the glitch only happens once, great! Just cut it out in another editor like Capcut, TikTok, etc. and you're good to go. If it happens twice in a row (i.e., both idential clips glitch) then you have no choice but to follow the steps above, but in another editor. 

It sucks that Adobe wastes our time and is so unhelpful, but at least you can edit the entire video in Rush and then just make that quick fix in another app and be done with it without having your entire video be ruined for no reason. 

Another factor I've noticed is when my phone's storage is close to being full, that's when the glitches happen more frequently. 

Hope that helps! 

Please be polite or you might break our community rules.

[Abuse removed by Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow Adobe, just read through this 3 year history having just experienced the glitch issue on my first use of Rush on my iPhone. 

Your response to this needs to be a simple, thank you all for raising this bug, sorry for it, and we will fix it in the next release....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait, it this never going to get resolved? I just used Rush for the first time on my iPad and I have this glitch issues. There's no glitches in my video nor during playback in the app, but once I export there's several glitches. 

Is there any solution here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm taking it to twitter since Adobe has not helped with this issue ~ and I have a HUGE project coming up that CAN NOT have glitches. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm taking to the "streets" Let's get a twitter storm going (i know that was cheesy).  I'm tried of not being able to depend on and produce high quality content for my clients with a program that I pay $$$ of money for and is known for leading the way in digital design!! Here's the twitter handles and what I wrote: 

Fix the 3 year issue with Adobe Rush glitching after export??? #fixthis https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-rush-discussions/pixelated-video-glitch-in-premiere-rush/m-p...

@PremiereRush (Adobe Video Creators)

@Adobe 

@dwadhwani (David Wadhwani, President of Adobe Digital)

@markcwebster (head of audio)

@SLASH_blake (developer)

I don't know what else to do to bring attention to this issue. I love Adobe Rush and want this to resolve!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue there! I discovered Rush some weeks ago and I love this app... but this issue is very frustrated... 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They lost me to Luma in October and I'll call out the adobe account anytime someone points out the glitch in comments lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same issue here. I have the new Ipad Air and was absolutedly enthusiastic about Rush's workflow and user interface for quick video editing on vacation. Unfortunately my job was apparently useless since there is a lot of glitches in several parts of my video after exporting it. And my feeling is that sound is disorted too. I am giving up with Rush and will try to claim my money back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here in 2023...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

April 2023 and this is still an issue. Just bought the subscription too. Pissed that I spent $40 to get an app from a reputable brand that is THIS bad. Unacceptable coming from a company as big as Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's May 2023 and this is still an issue. Glitches after exporting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines