• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This file requires the HEVC codec which is included with a Creative Cloud membership. To upgrade...

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, Adobe Premiere Rush won't import a small H.265 clip. It gives me this error when it opens the folder where the clip resides:

"This file requires the HEVC codec which is included with a Creative Cloud membership. To upgrade to a paid plan, go to..."

I have purchased Rush. I have uninstalled it then reinstalled it. I have signed in and out of Creative Cloud on the Web as well as the desktop app. I still get the error.

Also, the thumbnail of the clip, when trying to start a new project shows "Unable to Load Preview." When I select it and click Create, I get another error message:

"The importer reported a generic error."

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

TOPICS
Desktop version , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

I believe I found a fix! I reinstalled an older version of Rush. Version 1.5.54 works. The most recent (1.5.62) and the second most recent (1.5.58) both gave me the error.

You can reinstall older versions from Creative Cloud. Click the three dots beside Premiere Rush and then 'Other versions'. Install 1.5.54.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Macgeekppc,

Sorry! As I understand it, you are working with drone footage. The drone can shoot HEVC in a .mov wrapper or an .mp4 wrapper. If on Windows, please try shooting in the .mp4 wrapper and see if that works for you. If not, you can also try transcoding the footage in Media Encoder or freeware Shutter Encoder.

Edit: @Macgeekppc, are you using HEVC 4:2:2 10-bit footage? It's not supported. That could be the issue. Let us know. The guidance is to transcode to an editing codec or H.264 usi

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 280 Replies 280
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kevin-Monahan I too, have been a photography plan subscriber for quite a few years and was wondering if you could, or let me know how to see if I should have Premium Rush? I appreciate any help you're able to give. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DanD641,

Thanks for your message. I just looked up your info on the backend and it appears that you do not have access to the premium version of Rush. You should have access since you've been a Photography Plan subscriber for a long time. I will try and fix this for you as soon as I am able. Looks like it may take a little time for me to resolve this issue for those on this thread and others affected by this situation. I apologize for that. I will try again tomorrow. Take care.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kevin-Monahan If you have a minute you could check mine too....I have been a Photo Plan subscriber since I think, 2015 and Rush is broken for me, worked initially. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kenneth Halley,

Thanks for the message and Happy Friday! I checked your account on the backend and you were a subscriber prior to Oct. 2021 and have continued your subscription since then. So, in theory, you are in the same category as others that are due additional services, like the premium vesion of Rush and Photoshop Express.

I have escalated this case, but have no direct authority to grant you these services right now. Apologies for that!

My goal is to have this problem solved for all those people with the same status you have. I'd like to have it enabled automatically for all those who subscribed to the Photography plan before Oct. 2021. It's a big job, and out of my purview, so I'm afraid I'll have to ask for your patience on this one. I will definitely continue advocating for community members like you facing this issue over the past year and a half. I appreciate you reaching out and checking in!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Can you check to see if my account should have been grandfathered in as well?

Thanks,

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to a support rep I chatted with, they said we're not grandfathered into this version of premier. The whole conversation was pretty confusing. I just gave up and dropped it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @merkk,

I read your message. You say that assisted support is telling you that you're not grandfathered in to the full version of Premiere? I think you meant Rush, right? If so, they are probably incorrect and do not know the specifics of the case I am working on for you and users like you.

You have been a Photography Plan subscriber for almost five years and that would certainly qualify you according to what we promised you in that email back in October 2021.

I am still working on getting this resolved for you and others but it is proving to be taking a lot of time. I sent out an email to those that can correct this issue again today. I apologize it is taking so long to get a resolution. I remain as your advocate and am doing my best to help you and others on this thread. Take care.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sorry, I did mean Rush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jasonh18796051,

Thanks for the note. It appears that you were a subscriber to the Photography plan, then you canceled the plan, then started it again. In that case, you may have let the subscription lapse for a time and that may be a problem. Is that the case? Let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I do not remember exactly.  I know that I originally bought a yearly subscribtion through Amazon.  At one point I had gotten a free either 3 or 6 months that came with a purchase that I made.  I think it was when I got my Wacom tablet.  So I cancelled the yearly to use the free subscription.  Then when that expired, the yearly was not offered so I started the month to month subscriptions.  So if there was a time where the subscription was not active, it would not have been for a long period of time.

Thanks,

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone make it make sense? I just did chat support again. I pay for Premiere Pro. It includes Premiere Rush. 

Why is chat support telling me that isn't the full feature version? 

Date: 2023-06-16 03:53:43 +08
So ***, It is like, you are Having a free Rush Plan, which would not allow you to use premium features in the application.

Also HEVC Codec is the part of the Premium feature.

Date: 2023-06-16 04:11:14 +08
Yes sir when You are using a Included version of Rush, You get the limited Benefits.

When you but the application individually or Within Creative cloud it gives all the premium benefits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't even buy Rush on it's own! And when I tried to add it via the option of Adobe Express, I have it and it won't let me!

intercede007_0-1686860801078.png

intercede007_1-1686860817673.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @intercede007,

I wasn't aware that you can no longer purchase Rush Premium on its own. Thanks for letting me know. I will have to check on that to confirm. So, are you saying that with a Premiere Pro individual subscription, you get Adobe Express and, in turn, Rush Premium? And that the version of Rush is not the premium edition? It should be, as I understand it. Sorry that I have to ask for clarification here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're able to access the chat log from the support ticket I just had attached to my account, you can see that's what the agent said - even though it's included in the Premiere Pro plan I have the free/starter/non-HEVC version. 

When I try to buy the only non-Starter version available on the website, Creative Cloud blocks that because I already own it. 

Date: 2023-06-16 04:11:14 +08
Yes sir when You are using a Included version of Rush, You get the limited Benefits.

When you but the application individually or Within Creative cloud it gives all the premium benefits.

https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-rush.html

intercede007_0-1686864295769.png

intercede007_1-1686864314566.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @intercede007,

Thanks for the note and sorry for the frustration here. I have asked the product manager for clarification and am awaiting her response. I apologize for the delay in responding.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think at this point we can confirm the problem - and a third of it is something we already know. 

Back when Premiere Rush got included in the Photography plan, something happened that caused some of us to get locked into a free tier erroneously.

We pay for Premiere Rush in the Photography plan. If you go to the Photography Plan that you pay for on Creative Cloud, you get it. There is no mention of this being the "starter" version. You'll also notice that the Photography Plan comes with Adobe Express under Web. Adobe Express is the only way to buy Premiere Rush on the Premiere Rush website. You're paying for Rush according to the plan details. 

intercede007_0-1686969998755.png

intercede007_4-1686970264680.png

intercede007_5-1686970303740.png

The next problem is that Adobe Support doesn't seem to understand that the only way to get Premiere Rush is through Adobe Express. There is no individual plan offering for just this app. I get Adobe Express via Photography Plan and the Premiere Pro plan that I pay for. If I try to subscribe to Adobe Express to get Premiere Rush I get told it's not supported because I already own Adobe Express. I'm being pushed to an All Applications plan in order to get access to an application Creative Cloud says I pay for. 

intercede007_6-1686970559270.png

intercede007_7-1686970801940.png

The last problem is that the version of Premiere Rush you are using is hidden from you. I can't find a way to tell via Rush, Creative Cloud, or other resources like the Windows registry that I am using Starter. 

In short, I've spent a lot of money on additional subscriptions I don't need in order to get access to a full featured version of Premiere Rush that the Adobe webiste and Creative Cloud say I already have. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem ☹️

how to solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point I am assuming adobe isn't going to bother fixing this and we're not going to get it, regardless of what it says we should have, or what we we're supposed to have. It's been years at this point with absolutely zero progress. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am kind of laughing...I really shouldn't cos Adobe are being a bit rubbish here despite the best efforts of  Kevin, but nearly everyday I get an ad on my phone telling me to read a white paper published by Adobe at how they create "Outstanding Customer Experiences (CX)" and how we should use their systems to replicate their performance... but here we see the corporate Adobe in action and it's poor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They didn't say outstanding good experiences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ProDesignTools, Hi @Macgeekppc, and everyone on this thread,

I heard back from a person in management who knew more about this situation. Here's what they wrote:

• It is not correct that any legacy CCP plan subscriber prior to Oct. 2021 was given access to Rush and PsX as part of their plan.
  • Only customers who had used their Spark entitlement retained access to Spark and gained access to Rush and PsX.
  • Those users were emailed directly at the time of the change.

It appears that if you did not use Spark, and did not receive an email directly in Oct. 2021, then you are not entitled to the premium version of Rush with the Photography plan. I apologize, but I tried my best for you. Sorry for the frustration.

I spoke to engineering management, who said that the issue may not be related to the subscription and is more related to the video format. HEVC 4:2:2 footage isn't supported. That might explain why people who have a proper subscription got the warning. I apologize for getting this wrong.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you ask them why, if the full version of Rush is part of Adobe Express, that we don't have access to Rush via Adobe Express?

There still seems to be a disconnect between the ways we are told Premiere Rush is available to us and the way that we actually get it. 

intercede007_1-1689271588154.pngintercede007_2-1689271602743.png

intercede007_0-1689271536601.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @intercede007,

Thanks for your post. Are you saying that you have an Express subscription and do not have access to Rush? I can chase that down, but that seems like a wholly different topic. Shall we branch your request to a new thread?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What can we do if we did receive the email?

Support is giving me the run around but my plan never changed. It looks like according to this post I should be able to get the premium version. Is there a person fluent in English that we can contact. Support chat is impossible.

Anything helps!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines