• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are Rush projects stored?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edit on a Windows PC. For example, I want to open the same project that is on an external hard drive, but I can't find the project file. Where is it?

Like from adobe premiere ".prproj" I put a photo attached.

Mod note: Title and text were edited slightly.Screenshot_r6.png

TOPICS
Cloud sync , Desktop version , Export , How to , Import , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

The reply is misleading, the files are accessable, it is just complicated;

go to C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe

The folder "Team Projects Local Hub" will have the project files, and this folder can be transferred to the same location on a new computer to transfer the files

Additionally, you can use the export projects feature (settings->preferences->share logs->share longs and project files) on the mobile version of the rush app to export files to a desktop computer

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Wanderson27249258qigs,

Thanks for the question. Rush is architected differently than other apps. It does not save files like Premiere Pro because of its (now disabled) syncing function. Rush saves projects in a database that is not accessible to users. You cannot save or move project files to another drive. Edit: To access the database, see this thread (or scroll down just a bit). The database can sync projects between your mobile device and your home or office computer.

Syncing was disabled on February 1, but the saving mechanism remains. There are still no hard project files. Sorry about that. I hope the info clears up any misunderstandings. Please return with questions.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your reply! It's a shame this file doesn't exist. I will continue with it, but, I must learn Premiere. Thank you one more time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pleasure. Thanks!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a horrible feature. I just downloaded the app on my phone toake quick edits and I can't find my exported file on my phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check the Camera Roll, @new vintage rec.26098871 - see also my reply to you on your thread.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reply is misleading, the files are accessable, it is just complicated;

go to C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe

The folder "Team Projects Local Hub" will have the project files, and this folder can be transferred to the same location on a new computer to transfer the files

Additionally, you can use the export projects feature (settings->preferences->share logs->share longs and project files) on the mobile version of the rush app to export files to a desktop computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the corrections, @natalies35909954. I did not wholly understand the solution and was corrected by the engineer, @Wes Howell), as well.

FYI: on macOS, the path is: /Users/<user name>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common

I hope Wes or anyone else can chime in for workflow tips around saving and moving project data.

I will mark your reply as the correct one. I appreciate your post. Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Useful link!  LMK if you have further questions.  Thanks everyone. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-rush/kb/creative-cloud-files-end-of-life-for-premiere-rush.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please explain how I can open projects on my PC after I've exported the rush app files to my desktop computer? 

I have backed up the media for the projects on my phone, but I would like to open the project files on my PC. I have saved the project and log files on my desktop from the app as noted in the last line of your comment. 

Thank you for being more helpful than the Adobe guides. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was referring to the comment made by @natalies35909954.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you trying to open the project files?  In Premiere Rush Desktop or Premiere Pro?

For Rush Desktop, when you launch, does it not show local Rush projects.

From Premiere Pro, you can also access 'Open Rush Projects' from the Home Screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple projects on my phone that I created after this transition. I would like to open them in either Premiere pro or Rush. I realize I will have to re-link the media on my desktop - which is fine. The projects themselves don't appear when I launch rush desktop or "Open Rush Projects."

I would like to access theses projects and re-link media on my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. This is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@WesHowellPPro please see my replies above. They do not show on the Home Screen of either program. I would like a response to how I can open a project created on my phone after Feb 29 on my PC in either PP or PR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. I am also currently unable to create new projects using Rush Mobile and then have them sync on my desktop machines. I see a "network connection error" when launching Rush Mobile.  It does appear that support for project sync from Rush Mobile has been interrupted or discontinued.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On IOS 17, same: 'I see a "network connection error" when launching Rush Mobile'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like @SheGoesUp , I made new video files in Rush Mobile after the creative cloud sync shutdown.
I was able share logs and project files to my desktop using the instructions above, but now I am not sure where to move those files to for access in either Adobe Rush or (preferably) Adobe Premiere on my macOS laptop - and relinking to the media files once the file opens - or honestly if this is even possible now that syncing no longer exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So perhaps Adobe should update its materials regarding this massive change to Rush so that others do not waste their time. 

This change is so very frustrating. It's unlikely that I will continue my subscription to Adobe products unless this is rectified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed Rush on mac and ipad because it clearly advertized as a software, in which I can start a project on one device and finish it on another. I can now see clearly, that all the Rush info and tutorials I've just seen is BS and this app is useless for me. 
Thank you for this thread. Without it I'd keep on searching for the answer, assuming that Adobe doesn't lie on its websites 😞 It's June now - if the thingy was discontinued 4 months ago, they had plenty of time to upgrade the info and remove all the "you can start on mobile and finish on desktop"  titles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kpolus,

Thanks for writing in. It is possible to move projects from mobile to desktop. Check this out: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-rush-discussions/how-to-move-rush-files-from-mobile-to-deskt...

I'm sorry if anything you saw on Adobe.com was misleading regarding the loss of Creative Cloud Sync. I'm not sure what you're referring to, though. Let me know, and I'll forward it. On behalf of Adobe, I apologize for this behavior.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go - the first welcoming site that made me install this thing https://creativecloud.adobe.com/cc/learn/premiere-rush/web/premiere-rush-fundamentals?locale=en 

Premiere Rush projects are saved in the cloud, so your changes are reflected across all your devices through automatic project syncing

wel.. not. And as I understand from your link - there IS a possibility, but its not near the "automatic syncing" that was advertised. 

Further tutorials that showed up right after installing stated the same thing.  Spent too much time just because I believed those statements and was sure, that I'm doing something wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My laptop with Adobe Rush failed, the HDD is ok, how do I transfer projects to a new laptop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jozef299083984xr0,

Sorry to hear that. Is that a Mac or a PC? Let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Notebook with Win11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines