• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Rush Guided Workflow—What to Shoot? Brainstorming Ideas

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brainstorming.pngIt's no easy task to come up with content ideas. Fresh ideas are available to everyone, however, you must flesh them out. Put some creative energy into letting your thoughts flow. Brainstorm! All this means is allow your mind to wander. Consider any thought as a valid entry into a story. The key is to validate your idea as uniquely yours, as original, then to record that thought. The difference between a great creative person and a regular person is that the creative person takes the time to record those ideas, those thoughts. A regular person has great ideas too, but they never record them.

Here's some things I like to do in relation to recording important ideas:

• Get a nice notebook and pen. Use them to jot down ideas down as they come to you.
  • Don't let fleeting ideas get away from you. Record them as soon as possible.
  • Record your ideas on your phone; most phones have a built in utility just for this purpose.
  • Use Reminder apps on your phone.
  • iPhone user? Use Siri to remind you about puting down an idea on paper at a certain time.
  • Use sticky notes to jot down ideas and place them on a blank wall or white board.
  • Get out your drawing tablet, start drawing. Put down a new idea for each blank page.
  • Keep a notepad by your nightstand to jot down fleeting ideas you might get when you awaken. 

Still stuck about what content to create? Don't stress. Make your video about someone you know very well: you! More about that here.

Keep in mind that coming up with new ideas for content creation is a constant process. You must always work on coming up with new ideas or you will lose momentum very quickly. Luckily, brainstorming can be fun for not only content creation, but for many aspects of life, especially regarding reaching goals and personal aspirations. 

Keep brainstorming as a life enriching process and you'll never run out of ideas.

So did brainstorming help? Have you come up with a theme that is truly unique and reflects what you want to share with others? I hope so! After you've decided on your overall theme or "niche," you can begin coming up with individual stories for that theme. Here's how.

Tip: The act of physically writing or drawing an idea on paper has the extraordinary effect of placing it deep into your memory and thought process. I encourage those of you addicted to your phones and computers to try it out. I think it helps my own creative process.

< Popular Themes Coming Up With Story Ideas >

Home: What to Shoot? Preproduction
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Haven't recorded any good ideas yet? See this video series by Dan Mace about how he uses various exercises to get around creativity block.

This series talks about "seeing sounds." See what you think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines