Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After update project RH 2019->2022: edit is no longer possible

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

After updating RH 2019 -> RH 2020, I can't edit project-css (see attachment) in RH GUI. There is an error message (see attached png, in English: stylesheet could not be parsed).
What can I do? I have only created new projects in 2020 so far, but have not migrated any old projects from 2019.
In 2019 the css worked and could be edited. The css was created in RH11.
What can I do? I have no experience editing CSS in html original format. I don't feel confident about that.
Can anyone give me a tip on how to clean/update/renew a RH11 css? I am working with RH 2020.8.34.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

2020 is strictly HTML5 and CSS3 compliant. Whilst there are some scenarios where valid CSS will falsely report the CSS cannot be parsed, they are rare and it will almost certainly be that some of your old CSS that was valid in Classic does not meet the 2020 requirements.

In the source view there are numbers in the left column. Scroll down those looking for red circles with a cross. That should highlight what needs fixing.

If there are only a few, post images of them here. Please use the phot

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020 is strictly HTML5 and CSS3 compliant. Whilst there are some scenarios where valid CSS will falsely report the CSS cannot be parsed, they are rare and it will almost certainly be that some of your old CSS that was valid in Classic does not meet the 2020 requirements.

In the source view there are numbers in the left column. Scroll down those looking for red circles with a cross. That should highlight what needs fixing.

If there are only a few, post images of them here. Please use the photo icon to insert images within the post. Seeing an image inline with the text makes it easier for anyone answering or viewing the post.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply, Peter!

At first I got stuck with your tip because there were no marked line numbers to give clues to errors.
Then I created a new, empty css and copied all format definitions of my old css into it bit by bit. What can I say? Exactly one error location existed:

18-07-_2022_18-24-42.png
I don't know what sense this formatting had in old versions. I just deleted it and after that the error was fixed 🙂

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it's sorted. One of your first screenshots of the code showed numbers as well.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be the second half of this bug I logged (if the style in the @media statement exists in the main body of the stylesheet, the stylesheet will fail to parse)

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-9864

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Feel free to vote on it if this turns out to be the case, in the hope it gets fixed eventually. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp