• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Application error when attempting to edit a skin

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm having a persistent issue with RoboHelp 2020 crashing whenever I try to edit a skin. The last time I edited it was yesterday morning, and ever since then, as soon as I click Edit, I get an Application Error message.

Editing skin crashed RoboHelp.PNG

Restarting RoboHelp hasn't helped, nor has restarting my computer. Not sure if it matters, but all the documents were originally in RH 2017 and I upgraded them. I even tried deleting the upgraded files and upgrading them again. For some reason, I managed to edit the skin of one document once before I started getting an error message on all further attempts to edit the skin on the same document as well as on other documents.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you're up to date with patches. You should have update 8 installed for RH2020.

Try adding the skin again and give it a slightly different name . Try making one or two changes to see if you can reproduce the crash. If it doesn't, keep adding your customisations one or two at a time. My theory is you'll either find the change that the application doesn't like, or you'll get all your customisations in correctly. If you do find the change that caused it, post back so others know.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp