Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bookmarks Inside Dropdown Text

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

I'm new to the forum and relatively new to RoboHelp overall. I've found posts on this issue that were resolved for previous versions of RoboHelp, but I'm wondering if anyone has been able to succesfully implement this for RoboHelp 2019. In my frameless output, when a bookmark is inserted into dropdown text and is linked to another location, that link brings the user to the unexpanded dropdown text. Is there a way for the dropdown text to be automatically expanded when a user clicks the bookmark link from another location in the project? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! 

- Eric 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019 Classic or 2019 New UI?

Which output?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, 

I'm using the new UI and publishing a frameless output. 

Thanks,
Eric 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have realised it was 2019 New UI as only that version has frameless outputs.

I just checked and by putting the bookmark inside the dropdown, it is expanded in Preview. Unfortunately it doesn't survive the trip the a generated output. 

I will report it but unless you have someone who can write a script to replicate what could be done in Classic, it's not possible right now.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this behaviour is somewhat disturbing for viewers. Maybe a status attribute added to the general drop-down would help? That would be nice for toggling the drop-down "open" by default, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your replies. I figured that was the case but wanted to double-check anyway. I will work with our Dev team to try and remedy the issue using a script. 

Best,

Eric  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon, I am using RoboHelp 2019 Classic, all updates have been applied and am using the Responsive HTML5 output. I am currently experiencing the same issue of bookmarks inserted within DropDown Text not opening to the expanded view once published. Has the issue been resolved or is there a setting I need to check on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it was fixed in an update but updates are only for the new UI version of RoboHelp, not the Classic versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willem Van Weelden used to provide a script to open dropdowns you linked to, but I can't find it on the help essentials site. Perhaps you could use the contact form and see if the "link_to_dropdown.js" file could be made available? 

http://www.helpessentials.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Amebr! I will give that a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh I should note this would only be a solution for Classic, not New UI, if the script becomes available again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp