Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content Search is not working in Webhelp Output

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

After generating RoboHelp WebHelp output by importing word file. can't able to perform search operation in Content. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need a bit more information than that to help.

Which version of RoboHelp you are using. If 2019 is it Classic or the New UI?

Please confirm you mean content in a generated topic and all content rather than searching for content that is in the topics created by the import.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 2019 Classic.

Content in Generated Topic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you applied the updates?

Have you tried more than one browser?

Have you tried with a new skin? You select one of the responsive skins and in Media options you deselect responsiveness.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Now it is working fine.

Thank you for helping.

I have two major queries:

1. How to save the imported word content ? to re-use the same

2. I have Hyperlinks from one topic to another e.g. Book 1 to Book 2 how to make the hyperlink work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. How to save the imported word content ? to re-use the same

Topics are created when you import, the document stays where it was. You can do what you like with the topics and you can do what you like with the document. The two have no connection.

2. I have Hyperlinks from one topic to another e.g. Book 1 to Book 2 how to make the hyperlink work?

Do you mean two documents have links between each other? The will get lost as they are imported one at a time. It has always been thus.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to maintain the content in Word, and just use Robohelp Classic to generate the output, then you can use the Link feature. Have a look at Peter's site, where there are topics that describe both importing and linking.

I haven't used linking, but I would imagine Peter's statement that the links between documents will not work also applies to linking documents as well as importing documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amber is correct, the links will not be maintained. I would say only using Linking if the content has to be maintained in Word. Otherwise i prefer Importing.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp