• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customer Service Complaint

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently experiencing issues with output in RoboHelp 2019. Since upgrading our project to the new 2019 version from the 2015 version, our condition expressions no longer appear to work when outputting. The issue appears to be where a condition expression has more than one condition tag which is set to 'Include', topics which should not be are excluded from the output.

All topics we want to eventually have included in the output are added to the TOC. But while the topics are in the draft process condition expressions are added to them via the TOC and 'Contents' folder to exclude them from our 'issue' expression and include them in our 'draft' expression. However, we have discovered that topics are being incorrectly excluded at all times, regardless of the expression rules in use. The projects and output settings we are using have been upgraded from RoboHelp 2015 to 2019 and were working perfectly fine prior to the upgrade. But now we find ourselves unable to successfully create new condition expressions or tags and output Reponsive HTML5 help using them. Without the ability to include and exclude the help we choose, we are distributing help to our clients that they should not have access to.

An issue we found and recreated directly before the Support Team (while they were connected to my machine) was that topics were being incorrectly excluded from the output when the condition expression we were using 'included' more than one condition tag with the 'AND' operator.

I originally raised this as an issue with Adobe over a month ago, I was told repeatedly over the chat that the condition tag itself was corrupted and the only options were deleting the project and starting again or recreating the condition tag. Since then we have sent our project to Adobe and we are no further on a month later. We have worked out through our own investigation that the issue now appears to be with the condition expression rather than the tag.

I have been on the online chat with Adobe every day for just over a week and have regularly been disconnected from the chat and unable to get back on as it is saying it is closed.

Today I was on the phone with Adobe for around an hour and I still don't think they understand what the issue was. For some time the agent insisted the output was working as it should when it clearly did not. I asked to speak to a more senior person, when put through to them they only repeated what the previous technician told me.

Adobe still say they need time to investigate despite us clearly saying what the issue is. This is unacceptable to us as we are unable to output any projects as we are not sure that the output will include and exclude the content correctly. We are also a month on with no progress made.

I am very disappointed in the service received and would like to escalate this further however I can't find any information on how to do this or log a complaint.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forums are mostly supported by other users such as myself. As we are not Adobe employees, we are not in a position to handle complaints. The correct place is Support but that's hardly the place to send you in the light of what you have said.

First of all I will escalate this to someone within Adobe asking them to get your complaint to the right place.

Second, I did explain in another thread what I thought the problem was. Have you tried that and did it help?

If not, can you share the project? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct. Email me as well with the steps I need to follow to see the issue. Hopefully me escalating the complaint will get your project looked at by Adobe but I can take a look tomorrow if you wish.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In RH 2019, publishing is TOC based which means that all topics don't go in output. Topics referred in TOC and their references go to published output. There is an option to hide a topic in TOC which will make the topic go in output but not shown in TOC.

Also can you please share a sample with us where this issue is reproducing. Please email us at sumahesh@adobe.com

We will try to resolve this asap. If needed we can have a screen share call as well.

Thanks for your patience and help.

Regards,

Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for looking into this. I hope we can get to the bottom of what the issue is and how it can be fixed.

I have checked in properties and the 'Hide in Output' option is not ticked. I am also finding that any text within a topic is also correctly excluded.

All topics we want to eventually have included in the output are added to the TOC. But while the topics are in the draft process condition expressions are added to them via the TOC and 'Contents' folder to exclude them from our 'issue' expression and include them in our 'draft' expression. However, we have discovered that topics are being incorrectly excluded at all times, regardless of the expression rules in use. The projects and output settings we are using have been upgraded from RoboHelp 2015 to 2019 and were working perfectly fine prior to the upgrade. But now we find ourselves unable to successfully create new condition expressions or tags and output Responsive HTML5 help using them. Without the ability to include and exclude the help we choose, we are distributing help to our clients that they should not have access to.

I will send a link to your e-mail address where you can access the files.

For further information, we did initially use the Classic version of 2019 with no issues. Then we had to move to the newer version of 2019 for collaborative purposes and started to have issues further down the line once we had completed work after the upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Further to the original post, we now know that this appears to be a bug in RoboHelp 2019, rather than any issue caused by the upgrade from the 2015 to the 2019 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp