• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Double-clicking an rhpj or selecting a recent project only opens RH, not the project

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I click an rhpj file, RoboHelp opens showing its home page with buttons and recent projects.

If I click a recent file via the RH button (Windows 10), then the same happens.

How can I make this work (so that the project opens)? With RH10, this worked by default.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean it opens with this screen?

image.png

For me double clicking opens like this in both 2019 and 2020 and always has done regardless of which update. No one else has posted your issue.

Is this a Windows 10 operating system?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's the dialog.

Since this is not a critical issue, I prefer not to uninstall and reinstall. I will follow this up if there is an update or if I have to uninstall and reinstall for a critical issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also facing the same issue with RH2020 in Win10. If i double click on .rhpj file, RoboHelp home page is opening but not the project. I had uninstalled and installed again multiple times but the issue is not resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like that's by design in the New UI - you could log a bug in the Tracker (https://tracker.adobe.com/) or just start RH up first, then open your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to disagree @Jeff_Coatsworth but an RHPJ can be opened either way. There is no design change there. I suggest Support. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry @Peter Grainge I misunderstood your earlier post - I thought you also got the "home" screen appearing when launching the .rhpj file in RH2019 & RH2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you open RoboHelp as an app, you will see a list of recent projects and an option to browse.

If you double click an RHPJ file using File Explorer, you will see the Adobe splash screen, then the project opens. You do not see the Starter Screen.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp