Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eliminate 1 TOC tile from the SKIN, but keep others

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have 3 sections on my TOC that need to be on the TOC when the participants access the Knowledge Base.  However, I don't want a TOC tile on the SKIN for 2 of the 3 TOC sections. Is there a way to keep Section 1 tile, but eliminate section 2 and section 3 tiles on the SKIN?

I'm updated to 2020.7.46, I'm using Studio Framelss SKIN.

Thanks,

Carmela

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an option to Hide any section but it has a small problem. It also hides the section and its topics in the drilldown TOC so users will only find those topics by searching. That really means it is not a solution.

I guess you could try making a transparent image for tile and making the text font transparent but something is telling me that would have a downside. The area would likely still be active.

Realistically I don't think it is possible. Now waiting for someone to prove me wrong. 🙂

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok. Darn it! Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an afterthought, could you organise your TOC so that you have 3 top level sections so that they appear as tiles and have the other sections as sub-sections so that they only appear in the TOC seen after selecting a tile?

Your content might not allow for this but I thought it worth suggesting.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I just posted this in another thread:

I am currently playing around with frameless output and came across the following, which you might want to try. I don't know, to which levels this does apply, though.

I am using the Orange skin.

In the skin, I have the settings Layout - Homepage - Manage Tiles from TOC and Drilldown TOC

In my TOC, I applied tile images to those chapters I want to have a tile for and didn't for the others. 

This resulted in tiles being shown for the topics where there are images, the rest is only shown in the TOC in the left sidebar.

If I get you right, this is exactly what you want.

Kind regards
Karin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding.  When you mentioned chapters above, do you mean 'sections' in the TOC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sections and topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the following in the Studio frameless, is this what you mean? THANK YOU  for your help!

cwilbur_0-1648553194367.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Karin Albrecht Thank you for posting that, I had forgotten that new feature. It is described in this section of the TOC page in the RoboHelp Tour. Tile Image

My apologies to @cwilbur 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the tab "output", select the skin and activate the following settings in the first tab "Layout" - "Home Page:

Skin settingsSkin settings

Then move to the tab "Author" and there to "Table of Contents". Select your TOC (or create a new one). In the TOC, you make the following settings:

TOC settingsTOC settings

For all topics and sections you define an image here under "Tile Image", a tile will be displayed (for deeper levels, the setting "Drilldown" in the skin settings must also be active, otherwise, only first level elements are considered). For all topics and sections you do not define a Tile Image, no tile will be displayed. However, these sections and topics will be displayed in the TOC of your output, as soon as you get there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!  I turned off the 'drilldown TOC' and turned on 'Manage Tiles form TOC' and it worked!!!

THANK YOU!! You just made my day!!!

Carmela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue and it worked for me. AMAZING. Thanks @Karin Albrecht you are AWESOME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp