Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failed when generated to Word

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone. 

In RH 2020.8.34, when I try to generate Word output, I get the simple error message:  "Failed to generate [name of TOC]" and here's what I see when right-clicking the output preset:

Lisaroyan_0-1690268937124.png 

Lisaroyan_1-1690269028101.png

Any advice for me?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The warning in yellow is telling you that a topic has a link to something that is on your hard drive but not within the project. Search on part of the end of the string, not the whole link.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add, users will not be able to access your hard drive so the link would fail.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, what's the best solution? can I create the folder manually to fix the error the log file above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to find the topic with the link that is pointing to your hard drive. In the topic the link will be a relative link so it will not show the full path that is in the error message, that is why I said to search on the end part of the string.

Searching on Yana2023/OTOLEAP should find it. Then copy the target into your project.

I don't understand why you are suggesting creating a folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, I don't understand what you are referring to about the "target" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the link is to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The yellow highlighted row indicates there is a topic pointing to "default.css" but something prevented the file from being copied (into the temporary directory used when building the word output, I think). Most likely is the path is wrong and that file doesn't exist in the specified location.

Try the Reports > Broken Links report to see if the stylesheet appears. You can either browse for the correct file from the report (right-click > Replace link) or open the incorrect file and manually reapply there. (My guess is the problem file will be the one listed immediately before or after the error in the log.)

I'm not sure that will fix error in red at the end of the report, but fixing it will rule out one possibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp