• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

First book expanded by default TOC

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using RoboHelp 2022. When I generate an HTML5 output, the first section in my table of contents is expanded by default with all other sections collapsed. Is there a way to change this default so that the first section is collapsed as well? 

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

I think the table of contents expands the TOC to the folder where your default topic occurs in the toc file. If you move that topic to the top of your toc (outside the folders), I think that would stop any folders expanding.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed up your version - there's no RH2023 yet 😁
What template are you using to create the HTML5 output? Have you tried other designs to see if they act the same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol! sorry looked at my project file name. Using RoboHelp 2022.2.22. I am using the default responsive HTML5 template. This seems to be a new issue for me. My team has been maintaining this project for a few years now and the first topic being expanded is new with the latest outputs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did changing to another design solve your issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried a framelss output and it is not happening with that one. However, the framless option has a few differences in the look that I do not think my team wants to make currently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try updating to Patch 3. Adobe is putting their dev efforts into Frameless these days. Have you tried any of the other templates? Is it also happening if you use the sample project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did updating to Patch 3 solve the issue? You seem to like marking responses as correct when it's not clear that it actually solved the problem or not (lol)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not tried to update to patch 3. It is a larger process to get an update through at our organization. Also, not sure why it is marking responses as correct. I am not doing that lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, sounds like Adobe's got a glitch in the "Correct Answer" mechanism. Good to know. So any response to my other questions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ajones95  Are you "upvoting" my responses or is that just happening too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a known issue with phantom Upvotes. Adobe are investigating.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the table of contents expands the TOC to the folder where your default topic occurs in the toc file. If you move that topic to the top of your toc (outside the folders), I think that would stop any folders expanding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue and separating the default topic stopped the first book from defaulting to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Expands the first section of your TOC by default in HTML5 output. There isn't a confirmed way to change this, but you can try manually collapsing the first section or look for settings related to TOC defaults.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp