Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full-text search not working in CHM file

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2007 Oct 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everybody.

I'm using Robohelp for Word X5.0.1 and Office 2003 to generate my CHM file. The full-text search was working perfectly, but my boss spent a day in my workstation installing stuff and apparently he changed some configurations, since then, the search can't find anything, it always comes up with "No topics found" even though I'm searching for keywords that are in at least one topic.

I don't know if it's just coincidence or it there's some connection, but also since the same day I cannot hide get the hotspots to hide in Word text. So, for example, a hotspot that appeared in Word like {bmc button.bmp}, now is displayed as: {bmc button.bmp}Topic_Name. I know in a normal project we use the show/hide ¶ button in Word, but now even when it's hiding formatting marks, it still shows the name of topics, instead of hiding them as well.

I would appreciate your comments in any of these problems, even if they are not related. The Topic names being displayed are just annoying, but if there is no connection, the most important is getting the Full-Text Search to work.

Thanks in advance.
Paulo.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 02, 2007 Nov 02, 2007
Just to register that I have fixed the problem.

I tried reinstalling RH, but that didn't work. I was about to give up when I noticed that an error was coming up when I compiled the project: the infamous "HHC6003: The file itircl.dll has not been registered correctly". I found out that you only fix that problem by registering another dll: itcc.dll

Once you fix this, the compilation is perfect and the full-text Search works properly again.

Thanks anyway for the interest.
Paulo.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did he/she install Paulo? Whatever it was he/she seems the best person to correct what they did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum, thanks for the interest. He installed new hardware, which required re-registering Office, that was the only thing I see that could have affected Word behaviour in relation to hotspots (although unlikely). I mentioned it as a landmark for when the problems started happening, not because I'm sure it's happening because he changed something.

Paulo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paulo. RH has to be installed AFTER MS Office so this is more than likely to be the issue. Try reinstalling RH and you should find your problems go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found a way of hiding the hotspot names again. In Word, i went to "Tools" Menu, clicked "Options" and in the "View" tab, I unticked "Hidden Text". This worked for the minor problem, now I can only see the hotspots names in Word by clicking the ¶ button.

But I recomplied the project and the Search (my major problem) still doesn't work.

Paulo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum, MS Office was not re-installed, it was re-registered. I had to register RH again as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know but my point is that there is a difinite reliance on MS Office inside RH. I suspect that by re-registering MS Office the "link" between the two has been broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2007 Nov 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Just to register that I have fixed the problem.

I tried reinstalling RH, but that didn't work. I was about to give up when I noticed that an error was coming up when I compiled the project: the infamous "HHC6003: The file itircl.dll has not been registered correctly". I found out that you only fix that problem by registering another dll: itcc.dll

Once you fix this, the compilation is perfect and the full-text Search works properly again.

Thanks anyway for the interest.
Paulo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp