Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting Application Error when importing word doc

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bmcelmurry_0-1662584476272.png

I get this error when trying to import a word document on a recently installed version for RH 2019. I've closed the application and I've rebooted the computer. Nothing makes it work. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A specific document or any document?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried two different ones. Same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try a simple test document using the default normal template and just a couple of placeholder headings and text? If that fails as well it suggests some sort of installation issue. If it works then maybe something weird with the document or template used (there's a lot of stuff that can get corrupted behind the scenes in Word docs.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a very simple word doc and it did the same. It must be a corrupted install. I'm uninstalling and reinstalling now.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just one other thought. You are importing a document in DOCX format, not DOC, correct?

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is DOCX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also make sure you have the latest update of RH2019. From memory it was Update 14?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was the problem. My employer had a corrupted version of it, which they installed. Once I deleted it and downloaded the latest version, I no longer had the error. Thank you EVERYONE for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp