• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Homepage Search bar (Text Field Information) has limited space to type a search criteria in

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I am working on a project using a default skin and the usual components on the homepage. The question I have is regarding the Search bar on the main homepage.

When I hover over the search bar (at the middle) I cannot click in the search bar, and subsequently nothing happens. It has to be at a specific place on the search bar (above the middle) for it to allow me to search.

johann25636201_0-1644835524378.jpeg

That being said, when I move my mouse cursor upwards towards the top half of the search bar (above the middle mark), then I can click within it and subsequently search fine.

johann25636201_1-1644835524386.jpeg

This is a slightly weird experience, I have already tried altering the container, inner and outer search box and text field information.

I would like to have this search box in such a way, that wherever I click inside of the search box, I am able to begin searching.

Please can I have some assistance in this regard? Any suggestions will be welcomed.

The version of Robohelp I am using is: Version 2020.6.76

The skin is a Frameless skin called Orange.

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,
Davendren Govender

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not an issue I have seen reported before. Do you get the same problem on my site. RoboHelp Tour Introduction (grainge.org)?

You haven't said which version of RoboHelp you are using or which skin. Please always start a thread with this information.

• Please go to Help > About and include the full version number.
  • If you are using 2019 also state whether it is 2019 Classic or 2019 New UI.

I am wondering if it is something to do with the changes you have made. Create a second copy of the skin, not a duplicate, and give it a slightly different name. Don't make any changes to the skin. Do you then get the problem?

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mr Grainge,

The version of Robohelp I am using is: Version 2020.6.76

The skin is a Frameless skin called Orange.

Thank you very much for your great advice. You have helped point me in the right direction.

I have done what you mentioned, I used a default "New Skin" from within Robohelp and when I export that New Project, then I am able to search as normal. The search function works 100%.

The skin which I have customized using that initial skin does not work 100%, more specifically the search fucntion on the homepage is only activated once the user clicks on a specific point on the search bar (middle height of the search bar). If the cursor is moved further to the top or right at the bottom of the search bar, then the user is unable to search.

So it is apparent that it is obviously something to do with the settings on my skin. The issue is that I have compared all the settings from the default skin to my customized skin, and the settings are mirrored (identical).

I am currently using this skin for many business practices and would like to maintain using it, but have the search bar functionality fixed in the homepage.

Please can I ask for any advice in this regard? Is there something you can recommend?

Kind Regards,
Davendren Govender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish there was. Something seems to have corrupted and I don't know how you would track that down.

Are you generating the output to the same drive as the project and does it still error when on a webserver?

Beyond that it looks like recreating your customisation or copying the skin from an earlier version when it worked.

Do back up before you go further.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The browser developer tools might be able to help determine what's going on in the output. Perhaps it might show that there's some margin or padding being applied, or absolute positioning or something. If you're not familiar with html and css I recommend getting help from one of your developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp