Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to hide or disable buttons on home page

Contributor ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone.

We don't want the buttons of our skin to appear on the home page. I've looked all over the skin editor (see screenshot). But I don't see any way to hide or disable the buttons.

Is there any way to do this?

Thank you!

SCREENSHOT:

martinl83372021_0-1640120238922.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

I don't have RH2020 right now, but check there isn't anything in the Output Preset (unlikely but worth checking) or on the Skin > Layout tab.

Assuming nothing there, try selecting "button-x", expanding Layout and setting Display to 'none'. (Working off screenshots and guesswork - hopefully reasonably accurate guesses 😛  )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, in this image, you can see the style name for the Favourites button (it is button-1)

Can you expand the <li role="presentation">...</li> line above it, so I can see what's inside? I've marked the appropriate place with an arrow. If there's another <li> after the favourites button, please expand that too.

Amebr_0-1643324339435.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, Amber.

Here it is:

martinl83372021_0-1643380962765.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so the filter button is button-0. How to get that back in the skin styles (Home Page > Buttons) I'm not sure, as I don't currently have RH2020 (I'm hoping to have that sorted out this week)

Is there a place in the Layout section where you specify the buttons for the home page? If so, what buttons do you have defined? If Filter isn't listed, perhaps you can add it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Here's the Layout section of the Skin Editor:

martinl83372021_0-1643634945924.png

How do I add "Button 0" to the list, below, so I can edit it:

martinl83372021_1-1643635335525.png

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS:  Sorry, I should've shown you this screenshot, instead:

martinl83372021_0-1643642164587.png

There doesn't appear to be any controls specifying the buttons for the home page.

Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your screenshot of the Layout >  Topic Page Buttons settings you can see that the filter button has an ID of '0' (zero), so I think theoretically it should show up in the Home Page button settings. I don't have RH2020 to poke around, but I suspect you'll need to contact support for help.

See the following page for support contact options. Email is the preferred method as it gets to Robohelp staff.
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds good, Amber.

Thank you for getting me this far with all the clues we've collected. And for the contact info and email recommendation.

Will report back. Have a great day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp