• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a "Start new chapters on odd pages" option for Word output in RoboHelp 2020?

Explorer ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a "Start new chapters on odd pages" option for Word output in RoboHelp 2020? I would like to turn this off like I could in RoboHelp 2019 Classic to get rid of extra blank pages in my Word docs and the resulting PDFs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next page is the only option as you have probably seen. It's not an option in Word either.

It is an option in the PDF preset but I'm guessing you want to tidy up the document in Word before going to PDF.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are right. I clean up the document in Word before going to PDF. I ended up finding a way to take care of this by selecting the whole document in Word and then going into Page Setup and choosing Section start: New page in the Layout tab. This fixes the section breaks in the whole Word document. I built this into my doc prep macro so it should be easy from now on.

Thanks for your answer.

-Joy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had looked at style options in Word and forgotten the section break option. Glad you thought of it. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can request features and report issues here: https://tracker.adobe.com/

Post the item number in the discussion so people can easily vote if they want the same functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp