Link to Index Does Not Display Content Page in CHM

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

I recently updated a project from RH9 to RH2020.7. I'm having an issue where, when I call an index from our program, the CHM opens and highlights the correct index entry but doesn't display the content the index refers to in the main panel. The user has to click the "Display" button to view the refered content.

RH9 CHMs highlighted the index entry but also displayed the content it referred to in the main panel.

I'm not sure if this is a settings problem or a change in behaviour from RH. The CHM is located in a directory on the users local machine so it isn't a network issue.

Any insight would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Classic , New UI , Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022
Just to finish this out. The issue seems to have stemmed from the upgrade path that I took from the old RH project to RH2020.7. When upgrading from a very old version you first need to move through RH2019 to update the project. Then you can move to the new structures of RH2020. Adobes supportwas fantastic and the problem has been resolved.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try running MJ's diagnostics to check everything is registered correctly.

http://kb.helpwaregroup.com/ms-html-help/mj-s-diagnostics

Otherwise I think your best bet is to contact support using the email address here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amebr,

Thank you for the suggestions. I tried running MJ's diagnostics and it unfortunetly didn't help. I'll email support directly.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to finish this out.

The issue seems to have stemmed from the upgrade path that I took from the old RH project to RH2020.7. When upgrading from a very old version you first need to move through RH2019 to update the project. Then you can move to the new structures of RH2020.

Adobes supportwas fantastic and the problem has been resolved.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp