Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Links broken even if I don't edit the contents

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2008 Jul 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am a novice when it comes to Robohelp and I am experiencing a rather annoying problem. Every time I open a project and then move on to open another project all the links in the previous project break and the files are automatically deleted in the folder structure

Please assist

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, rabo, and welcome to the community.

A few quick questions (I would get into the habit of including this information any time you post a message)

1. Which version of RoboHelp are you using?
2. Is the program and/ or the data fileset on a network drive (this is a no-no...)

and for this issue,

3. How do you open your projects - from the RH Starter? From Windows Explorer? Do you close the first project before you open the next one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2008 Jul 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning Imarden
Thanks for the warm welcome.
To answer your questions:

1. I am using version 5 of Robohelp.
2. The program is running on my local machine.
3. I open my projects from the explorer and yes I close my projects before moving on to new ones
4. the files are deleted from the hard drive.

The other funny thing is that the files seem to move to another project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 07, 2008 Jul 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like your IT folks have set up an unfriendly environment: either some sort of "virtual terminal" (network in disguise) or an overly aggressive anti-virus program.

If so, you're in for a rocky road, in trying to get them to acknowledge the issue and consider alleviating it.

Oh, and was RH installed on your local machine, by you, and with administrator rights? If not, you should have RH removed by the original installer and then reinstall it yourself, with proper rights assigned.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh - and

4. Are the files deleted from your (hopefully local) hard drive as well? Or just from the project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Robo help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp