Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Little red "x" on TOC in editing pane

Contributor ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone.

Sorry to be peppering you all with questions today! There's a little red "x" when viewing my TOC in the TOC editing pane:

martinl83372021_0-1630429966403.png

What does that red x mean?

I know how it got there. In Content Properties (General tab), I've just deleted the name of the topic that had been linked as the "Source" (i.e., Source is now blank):

martinl83372021_1-1630430118624.png

The reason I've left it blank is that, previously, the Source of that the TOC Book was linked to was the 1st page underneath it in the TOC:

martinl83372021_3-1630430910899.png

The red x disappeared from the TOC editor. However, this caused the Main TOC of my help site to disappear when clicking that page:

(See video here):  https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:32204b56-77b4-4d21-b116-29412e26c9a2

Is the red "x" a problem? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The x means the topic doesn't exist in the project. If you deleted the source field I'd have thought that should unlink the section (I can't try it myself right now), so it could be a bug.  I'd close and reopen the TOC and see if the source field is still blank. Then try to reproduce in a test project.

The quickest way to fix it is probably to create a new section without linking to a topic, then drag the topics under the new section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Amber.

It must've been a bug. After rebooting RH last night, the red "x" is gone.

THank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp