Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merged Help topics are missing when I generate the output

Participant ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 2015 V 12.0.4.460

I have created a Master Project and created mergedHelp topics in the TOC. When I create the output, not all the mergedHelp topics are displaying. I've searched and red topics in the Forum but can't find a solution.

I'm using an output file that was used before and just added new topics. I was expecting all projects to be generated but they were not. I followed the instructions to generate the new topics.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

MDawn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be much the same as your post Creating Master Project for Merged Help Topics Disappearing that I responded to.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today my problem is the actual mergedHelp topics. The problem the other day was topics actually listed in the Master Project folder. Does this clarify my problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried generating all the projects again starting with the master?

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, are you saying to generate the Master Project and re-generate each mergedHelp topic again? Then, generate the Master Project again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, just the master first, then all the child projects.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give that a try. Thanks for your quick responses!

MDawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to clarity, am I generating all the child projects or just the new ones?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All, especially when new child projects have been created.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also double check you are generating to where you think you are.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp