We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
I am hoping someone can help with this as I've tried troubleshooting and looking at previous posts and cant find a solution.
I have edited the style sheet in use on my project to provide every image with background shading and padding of 25px. Having applied it :
1. I can immediately see the shading has been applied to the topic page in edit mode
2. I can immediately see the shading has been applued to the topic in preview mode
However, when I the save all changes and switch to View Output these changes are nowhere to be seen.
I have attached two screenshots to show you and - to make it obvious - temporarily set the background shading to red.
I have tried this a number of times, double checked the changes have saved on the style sheet, tested the output in a different skin to see if that made a difference and (of course) also simply tried shutting down and rebooted but it is the same result.
Interestingly, if i go into an individual topic page and apply the background shading and padding it DOES show when i generate the output. But for some reason - with the style sheet - it is showing as applied within the application (author edit and preview) but not when the output itself is generated.
I had a quick go in RH2020.5 and the background and padding show up correctly in the output.
It suggests there's something in your stylesheet or topics that is overriding your settings (the "cascading" part of CSS). Or maybe some styling in your skin.
Right-click on the image in the output and select Inspect to check the browser developer tools. The styles panel will show all the styles that contribute to styling your image and where they come from. Hopefully that will help you track down what's overriding the stylesheet you changed.
Thanks for your reply, Amebr.
Using the element inspector in my browser's developer tools, I can see that on this page it is listing 'default.css' - instead of 'project.css' (my edited version) - as the style sheet for the image.
This is strange as I can see I have 'project.css' listed as the defuat style sheet in Project Settings as well as showing as the default (and in fact only) style sheet on all of the topic pages. Also, other aspects of the default.css *aren't* showing in the output (i.e. so it does not seem to be wholly one style sheet or the other).
So - baffling as it is - the workaround for me for now is to bring the deafult.css into line with the project.css.