• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nested Home Pages

Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I inherited a big help project that was maintained by someone who retired. I can make updates and such, but I need to migrate it from Classic to modern so we can source control the project.

I managed to convert the project, but when I view the output, I'm seeing a project within a project. Also, the inner project seems to be trying to load the home page (index?, I'm not sure what it's called).

Any thoughts on what's going on here? Other than adding/editing topics, I don't know much about Robohelp. Thanks!

2021-08-13_13-12-56.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

That looks like confusion between the start page and default topic.

In the preset there is a start page, usually index.htm, but it can be whatever you set. There is also a default topic which is the topic you want to appear first. The inner panel in your screenshot. If you set that to be the same as the start page, then it tries to open the project in that area.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

To expand on what Peter said, the Start Page does not exist in your project. It is created during the generation process and contains the code that stitches the toc, index, skin and topics together.

The Default Topic is a topic in your project, and is the one you want users to see when they first open your help. For example, maybe a welcome or getting started page or "about xxx product/company" page.

If you find you have a topic with the file name index.htm in your project source, that is, y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like confusion between the start page and default topic.

In the preset there is a start page, usually index.htm, but it can be whatever you set. There is also a default topic which is the topic you want to appear first. The inner panel in your screenshot. If you set that to be the same as the start page, then it tries to open the project in that area.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To expand on what Peter said, the Start Page does not exist in your project. It is created during the generation process and contains the code that stitches the toc, index, skin and topics together.

The Default Topic is a topic in your project, and is the one you want users to see when they first open your help. For example, maybe a welcome or getting started page or "about xxx product/company" page.

If you find you have a topic with the file name index.htm in your project source, that is, you can see it in the Contents pane while using Robohelp, rename it to something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both! That did the trick. I've now run into an issue selecting the skin, but I'll post that in a new thread.

Thanks for the help!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp