Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Output Paragraph Breaks not correct after latest update 2022.4.179

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I recently updated to the latest version robohelp.  Any page that I edit when I output the paragraph breaks are not correct.  As you see below in robohelp I have spaces after each paragraph and in the output they do not.  Its happening once I make a change on a topic (Just readjusting the paragraph break on a page) causes the output to remove all paragraphs and breaks from the output.  Any advise would be greatly appreciated.   This was not an issue with previous version nothing has changed as well.  

Robohelp showing correct paragraphs breaks 

Robohelp.PNG

 

Output not showing the same

Output.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff_Coatsworth That post doesn't include the fix for tables. I'll edit it later.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been covered in recent threads. 

See Item 32 at https://www.grainge.org/RoboHelp_Gems/RoboHelp_Gems.htm#content_creation

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did the trick, added that to my CSS and its fixed.  You guys are the best, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Saving as a PDF, Im now getting these abnormal characters, is this somehow related?

2024-06-19_16-45-35.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably - it was reported happening in CHM output too - but in that case, there wasn't much of a workaround except rolling back to Patch 3. It's probably a font issue - something isn't being translated to the PDF. Are you getting the same effect in the sample project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant even open up the sample projects keeps crashing saying to restart robohelp.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it in your \My Documents\My RoboHelp Projects\ folder? If not, copy the "factory" version from the C:\Program Files\ install location to that My Documents location. You should be able to open it from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did that and it did open up now.  I saved a pdf and its showing correctly with the sample project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that you've proved the sample project works, add the workaround css to the sample project and try saving as PDF. If the characters appear after only that change, we'll know the characters are caused by the workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added the workaround css to the sample project and when I save as PDF it looks ok, no abnormal characters. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So that would suggest there is something in your project causing the strange symbols when saving as pdf., rather than being directly related to the workaround. I'm not sure what though. Maybe the font you  are using, if it's not a standard Windows font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw that on 19th June you posted you could not open RoboHelp. Is that fixed?

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes once i pasted into css the outputs were showing correct format. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp