• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paragraph Styles Missing and Application Error after Upgrade to 2019 from Classic

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading from RoboHelp Classic to 2019, paragraph styles are missing and an Application Error appears that reads "The application has run into an error. Please save your unsaved changes and restart from menu: Help > Restart RoboHelp"

Any tips as to what's going on or what was done incorrectly? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Solution.

Open the CSS in source view and locate the first Media@mercycity.church only style. Prefix it as I have done with /* and the code for the rest of the CSS will change to the colour shown because that has commented it out.

image.png

Next scroll down to where they stop just before the P tag and close that section with */.

image.png

Save that and you will be able to go back to the CSS in author view and you will see your styles.

image.png

Open a topic and you will also see them there.

I'm guessing th

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you though, Amebr. I just tried your suggestion of switching to Properties > Topic and the desired style sheet is selected; however, when I switch to the Styles tab, there are still no Paragraph styles present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create a new project and then add this CSS to it, does the same problem arise? If it does, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution.

Open the CSS in source view and locate the first Media@mercycity.church only style. Prefix it as I have done with /* and the code for the rest of the CSS will change to the colour shown because that has commented it out.

image.png

Next scroll down to where they stop just before the P tag and close that section with */.

image.png

Save that and you will be able to go back to the CSS in author view and you will see your styles.

image.png

Open a topic and you will also see them there.

I'm guessing those media definitions don't meet CSS3 standards. Check your outputs to ensure they still work OK.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The paragraph styles are showing up now! Thank you so much, Peter.

With that problem solved, I tried to generate Responsive HTLM5 output. It says it generated successfully, but I can't find the result. Where does RH 2019 generate the output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind. I figured out the path set in the Preset. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL. From what I can see in the second image, that css got mangled so badly by Classic it doesn't meet any standard. 😛  (I've come across some very weird things in Classic-edited css files - it gets confused very easily )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wherever you told it to. 🙂

Look in the preset and the output path should be there. If it is blank, then RoboHelp puts it in Documents > My RoboHelp Projects > Outputs.

Best to create a path to where you want it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This solution commented out the media styles definitions that contained syntax errors.

If you find those styles are required you will need to fix those errors. The comment from Adobe in the bug report is "extra braces also min-width etc are missing semicolons after them. @media is not getting applied for first occurence in every series."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp