• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preventing the dragging of topics from the TOC into another Help browser

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you prevent users from dragging topics from the TOC into another Help browser? I am using RH 2017, and would like to do this for security reasons. Thanks for any advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean here. You can't drag the contents of a web page into another browser but you can copy the URL and open it in another browser. Also you can copy the contents into various file formats such as Word or grab a screenshot.

I am not aware of any way of stopping users doing that.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I have created an HTML5 output, and opened it in the Edge browser. I find that I can drag a topic from the TOC into the address bar in the Chrome browser. Not sure if this works in other browsers. Just wondered if we could prevent this behaviour somehow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what you mean in that you can drag from the TOC itself but how is that a security issue? The user is simply seeing the same content in a different browser.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure why we'd like to prevent this behaviour, I'm afraid. It appears there is nothing within RoboHelp we could do to prevent this?  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you want people to use only use Edge to open the help? If people are using the Chromium-based Edge, there are basically only cosmetic differences from Chrome, as far as I'm aware. The non-Chromium based Edge will be replaced relatively soon, I believe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp