Exit

print in HTML 5 Output

Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning! 

Here I am again!

I have RH version 2020.7.46 and I created a project in HTML 5 and PDF.

I noticed that in the HTML 5 Output only the active section can be printed, can you tell me a way, if any, to print the entire project?
Instead as regards the PDF I noticed:

- that in some images the title is separated from the image (this happens when the image is moved a page with respect to the title) and

- that some tables, those with multiple columns inserted as a copy and paste from a word file (as they have thousands of rows) are cut. 

Can you tell me a way to solve both the problems of figures and tables?

I tried looking in the online manual but I think it is out of date.

Thanks in advance and look for your feedback!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

HTML5: Or create a PDF with all the topics in that and include it in the output with a link to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML5

You cannot print the whole help. Effectively the help is a website and I don't know of any website that has that ability. I don't think I have seen anyone ask for that before.

PDF Page Breaks

Both the issues come down to where the PDF breaks pages. You can insert breaks in the topic in Author view but I wouldn't bother. It's tedious and when you later add some content, the breaks will need reworking. Instead generate to Word and tidy up the document there, then PDF it.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Peter!

HTML5: I imagined it, but I tried to ask anyway!

PDF: Unfortunately I can not generate the word, so I created the PDF.

Anyway thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML5: Or create a PDF with all the topics in that and include it in the output with a link to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So create a thread about generating to Word.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat, on the Tools tab, you can select "Create PDF" and choose "URL"

It is definitely not going to solve the issues you mention in your post. We explored this option about a decade ago when I worked at a different company. We were changing from a Word file > PDF deliverable to a Confluence (online) deliverable and some customers still thought they wanted the ability to print the entire website. 

PaulHanson_0-1676635996911.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp