• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing a RoboHelp project to ServiceNow hyperlinks

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am converting our current Online Help to a ServiceNow Knowledge Base.  The Robohelp pages have a lot of of cross referencing and bookmarks.  I see some of the pages I sent over to test the publishing process have broken links mostly due to ServiceNow assigning a KB number (KBxxxx) to every page in place of the page's filename.

Is there any guidance/best practices on preserving the links before I publish the entire 300+ page project over to ServiceNow?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never heard of that KB - can it import HTML5 pages? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume it can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused.  You've never heard of ServiceNow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope - Salesforce, Confluence - check 😁
ServiceNow - nope - I find KB's to be more in the Support arena than docs sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirm, never assume - I suspect you're in for a world of cleanup if it succeeds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked the Adobe help and it doesn't mention not being able to include cross topic links when publishing to ServiceNow. Does the ServiceNow help mention anything about cross topic links, as I suppose it could be a limitation of that platform? 

(Do note that we're not Adobe employees; these are user-to-user forums and staff only drop in very occasionally.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ServiceNow is supported by RoboHelp 2020. Is that your version and are you on Update 7?

See if the ServiceNow information in the RoboHelp Tour on my site helps. If not, I think you would be best served by contacting Support. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 2020.  Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Patch 7 and does your structure match what Peter has listed on his site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff_Coatsworth ServiceNow is one of the supported Knowledge Base outputs.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We currently use ServiceNow knowledge base but I'm looking to create a RoboHelp webhelp.  I'm curious why you're converting to ServiceNow.  I have not yet seen RoboHelp>ServiceNow output, is it as friendly? 

I'd love to see an example of SN output structure. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not the original poster but maybe this will help.

My understanding is that ServiceNow would not be an alternative output. Rather it is something that an organisation will be using for their Support staff and the material there will be much more than just the help output. The help output gets added as a further resource to those staff and customers who are directed to the ServiceNow resources. Thus it is additional rather than an alternative to convert to. This is true of the other Knowledge Bases. 

RoboHelp does not produce a ServiceNow output that you view on its own, it generates the help into ServiceNow.

WebHelp is a type of help used in Classic versions of RoboHelp. Now it's either responsive or frameless outputs with the latter being the recommended way forward as that is where Adobe are putting their focus. It is much more customisable.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp