Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2020 - Translation hangs

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

I'm having trouble with the translation process for a project I'm managing.

I'm using the manual translation, so I export my XLIFF files, send them to our translation agency and reimport them back usign RoboHelp.

The problem I'm having is that the import process just hangs: I have the "importing" toast message in bottom right but the process does not complete and, after waiting for almost half an hour, the notification simply disappears...

I don't know what's causing this: I tried importin a smaller chunk of Xliff files and it worked correctly. 

When I try to import all my 206 files, it simply hangs...

The mapper file is in the folder where the tranlsated topics are, so that should be ok.

Is there any sort of log I can check?

Thank you

P.S. For the Adobe guys, the documentation about translation could use a little more info... just sayin' 😉

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I think you'll need to contact Support on this one. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp. 

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much @Peter Grainge. I'll do as you suggest.

Have a great one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp