Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2019 classic chm window title changes as I change the language in the project

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We publish in 3 languages. Every project in his own language

As I want to use the build in correction feature, I prefer to adapt my projects en change the language

Everytime I do this, my window title changes from my own string to 'html help'.

I suppose somewhere I can choose how this title is defined, per language.

Where is that?

best regards

Olivier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been through this one before in another thread. I checked in Classic and found the window title came up in the CHM.

Can you share one project where this is not working? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll do Peter.

I circonvened this issue (windowtitle replaced by default 'html help') by start using rh2019 classic.

If it was only that, but the dreadfull daughterwindow issue was the major motivation.

basic maintenance on the existing project went ok using  RH2019 classic.

My idea was ok, during migration to RH2019 (new gui), some information is getting lost.

So I stick to RH2019 classic and push to the future the welcome upgrade to the new gui

But now:

Now I started a fork for a new version, also in RH2019 classic and have to change the windows titles which contain a version. (I copied all projectfiles from directory 'old version' to a new directory 'new version'

I just change the output target as it still points to the old place and compile it. everything goes wel. window title is ok (but wrong version), no daughterwindows. language is us english.

change the language to dutch. windowstitel is replaced by 'html help'.

So ok. i leave us english as language....and change the window setting to reflect the right version. I change ONE digit in window name, window caption and 'window to display'.

go back to the output settings, check default window is ok, and compile again. title is ok BUT i have daughter windows!

I found out that : changing the advanced settings in html help options and define the right window for index and toc, solves the daughter window problem. So...if I stay in RH2019 classic and stick to us english (losing spellingcheck functionality for 66% of my projects) my windowstitle and daughter window issue are solved. I'll send you the project via your site. I want to be able to migrate to RH2019. Hope you can find how to set default windows for index and toc in RH2019 and why changing the language in the output settings replaces my windowstitles!

best regards

Olivier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked at Olivier's project and when I saw not only the HTML Help title but also the tabs in the CHM still in English, it rang a distant bell. I think the problem may be that when a CHM is generated in a foreign language, you have to view it on a machine that is set to the same language.

I entered CHM not localised in Google and got this thread. Pete Lees was a walking encyclopaedia of CHM knowledge.

See Pete Lees post here. https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp/chm-buttons-are-not-localized-in-a-french-project-shows-engl...

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK just did a test here.

compiled in dutch, put the chm files on a stick, and shoved in the pc of my wife which has a Dutch os

titles come through.

So half of my problem is solved, If i want to migrate to RH2019 (new gui).

Best regards

Olivier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also found this post.

http://helpman.it-authoring.com/viewtopic.php?t=12931

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, half the problem? I thought the problem was the titles in Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're right...i still have a problem but didn't announce it here...

i'll make a new topic (again) 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp