Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2019 Frameless: Multi listing not working as expected

Participant ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

RH 2019 does not continue the list number if an image is inserted between two numbered lists.
I have created a style for multi listing. It works perfectly if the listing is not interrupted by an image or even a paragraph. Once an image is inserted the numbering restarts at 1.
Does RH 2019 continue the list numbering without using the Restart Numbering option?

If I recall correctly, RH 2017 did not have this issue and multi-listing worked perfectly.

Regards

Siju

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you all patched up? Check Help > Updates to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

Yes, the app is up to date.

RH2019.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To insert an image without losing the numbering, at the end of the paragraph above where the image is to go, use Shift Enter. Otherwise you have to restart numbering and without checking, I think it has always been that way.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

I think this is not the case on RH2017. I'll reconfirm.
Without using Shif Enter - I feel it would be a good feature to have the auto-numbering as part of multi-listing irrespective of the type of content (image, paragraph, video, etc.) entered in between two numbered lists on RH2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we are looking at different things. I was referring to an image within one list. Looking at what you said again, you want to start a new list later in the topic but with continuous numbering.

That may work as you describe so let us know when you check.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

Please find attached scenario. I would like to know if i can acheieve the style as shown in the image. I tried in RH2019 but after the image the listing starts at 1. I am trying to know if it is possible to get the listing to start at 4 automatically without using the Restart Numbering option.Multi-listing scenario.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that is possible. If the image and the text were to be inline with the numbering, then Shift Enter would do it. However, that's not what you want.

The nearest I can think of would be Autonumber where you apply autonumbering to a class such as p.autonumber and use that for list items. Everything else would be a simple P tag.

I haven't tried it but it should work. Not sure that is better than just restarting numbering though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apart from Peter's suggestion, the only way I've ever been able to do this is to manually edit the HTML to join the separate lists into one.

You can request features here: https://tracker.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the multi-list functionality in RH2017 and it works perfectly.

PFA images. The first one is the style applied and second one is the style created for multi-list.

Test topic.png

Style editor.png

The numbering continued without using the Restart Numbering option. After the image, I clicked the Multi-list style and it automatically started with the next number.
This seems to be missing in RH2019 or am I doing something wrong. If I add inline image the numbering continues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look in the RoboHelp Reimagined sample project for the Lists topic. There you will see Autonumber is the way to go in 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp