• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2020 - Are Favorites stored across sessions for a user?

Participant ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a question. We have a Frameless out of the Online Help (Studio skin).

The Add to Favorites is a cool feature. The help is integrated in the product and only the logged in users can view the help in my case.

If User A logs in and views the help, adds 5 topics to favorites and then logs off. User B does the same.

Would User and A and User B be able to see the topics that they added to favorites upon subsequent login?

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any suggestion on this? @Peter Grainge or anyone in the group?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried it, but it wouldn't be a very useful feature if it was only available per session. 

If you're worried about the login preventing it being saved, I wouldn't have thought so - I imagine it's based on cookies somehow, so if the user cleared cookies it might get wiped out, but I don't think logins prevent cookies.

Otherwise I think you'll have to contact Adobe for more technical information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They wouldn't see each other's favourites but they should see their own unless they have set up their browser to clear cookies. I believe that is how they are saved.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp