Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2020 Hiding sections in TOC

Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH2020.7.46 to generate CHM.

My project includes context-sensitive Help topics that are accessed only from the software UI.

I understand that I must now include these files in the TOC for them to be included in the CHM and that I must hide them so they aren't visible in the TOC.

My questions:

1. Selecting the Hide in output check box in the Section properties does not hide the section. Is this intended operation?
  2. Selecting the Hide in output check box in the Topic properties hides the topics but a section icon is left in the TOC. Is this intended operation?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Hide does work on sections in a Frameless output but using the same TOC to generate a CHM the section and its contents still show. I am not sure if that is a bug or a limitation of the Microsoft compiler.
  2. I think that is effectively the same issue. Hide works for topics but not sections when compiling a CHM.

It might be worth checking with Support.

See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp.

You can report it as a bug here. https://tracker.adobe.com. Post the link to your bug report / feature request in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know enough about Frameless output yet. Been stuck in CHM world since Robohelp 2.

For now, in the short term, I may just hide all of my context-sensitive Help topics in a section that is visible all of the time, or create a topic that has links to all of my context-sensitive Help topics and hide it.

Interestingly, my colleague's Help project uses map IDs and she is not experiencing this issue with missing CSH topics. That is my third option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nonetheless, you might want to vote for this bug.

RH-10599 | Tracker (adobe.com)

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp