Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rh2020 update 8 - Chapter name appears hidden in PDF output

Participant ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a responsive HTML5 help source. I am able to generate a PDF document format and it works as expected.

One issue, in the ToC of the PDF that is generated when I click the chapter name, it takes me to the first topic inside the chapter. The Chapter name is also not shown in the PDF.

For example:

1. Chapter A ......page 20
  • Topic A1....page 20
  • Topic A2.....page 21

Now, If I click Chapter A in the ToC it takes me to Topic A1 in the PDF. Chapter A is also not seen in page 20. Why does it go hidden? Any idea what is missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is probably a setting in the output preset. Look under Layout for TOC Structure. Do you have Chapter names and topic titles selected? I think this should reproduce your toc structure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wait, no was thinking your toc wasn't correct. I thiink your chapter/section/books will only appear in the content if they are linked to a topic (with that heading). I'm not currently at a PC with 2020 to check right now though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp