• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2019.0.7 - Message "Failed to generate PDF. Make sure there is no broken links." when I try to generate PDF output

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to generate my project using the PDF output, but the message "Failed to generate PDF. Make sure there is no broken links." appears and it do not generate the documentation.

I have already verified the Broken Links, but there is nothing.

Observations:

- My project was upgraded from RoboHelp 2019 Classic.

- I have already created a new project and then, imported all the topics to try to generate it.

- Changed the path of the output.

- Tried to generate the output using command-line.

No success. 😞

- It works when I generate the Responsive HTML5 output.

Someone could help me, please?

Thanks,

Flavia.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

I reported as a bug just the first situation.

After restart my notebook, RoboHelp generated the entire project in PDF output.

Link to the issue: Tracker

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In an earlier release 2019 would not create a PDF if there were broken links. It's right to warn of broken links but it should not stop generation and that was fixed in another update. However let's rule that out as the cause. Click Reports and run the Broken Links report to see if there are any broken links.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your answer.

I have already did it. There is no broken links to resolve.

I will create another project and make tests to try to identify the problem topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doubt that will help.

Create a copy of your project. Use File Explorer to delete the Rh folder,

then open that project again. Will it generate then?

Post back the result as there's more to explain.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I created a copy of the project.

Deleted the .rh folder (is this the correct folder?)

Opened the project again and tried to generate the output.

It did not generate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Next things is to specify the pdf master page in your preset. The appearance at this point will be wrong but all we are trying to do here is see if that does allow generation.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using master page or not, it didn't generate.

Deleting some especific folders of the project, it generates. Maybe there is something wrong with the topics of these folders.

But RoboHelp doesn't tell me exactly what is wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Can you try importing some or all of those projects into a new project and confirm the problem still arises. If it does, can you share the project with me to look at and liaise with Adobe if necessary.

See the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

It won't be necessary to send you the project. Doing some tests, I found out two points:

1 - I can't use accented words on folder's names. I write in Portuguese, and we have words like "Configuração". When I changed to "Configuracao", it generated the output.

2 - It seems that RoboHelp can't generate big PDF files. I had to separate folders to generate the content.

Do you know something about these?

Anyway, thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both issues should be reported as a bug.

Please follow this link to report bugs and request features. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to that bug/feature in this thread and others can vote for it.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported as a bug just the first situation.

After restart my notebook, RoboHelp generated the entire project in PDF output.

Link to the issue: Tracker

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using RH 2019.0.7 and still getting the same error for large PDF output. My project has multiple books/topics and produces 349 pages in RH2019 Classic just fine. No broken links. When exported to PDF in RH19, I get that error.

I have filed this as a bug 4833:

Tracker

I am able to work around it by adding extra TOCs that contain only a small subset of the topics and then exporting them individually through a new PDF preset. The files can then be merged in Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp