• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2019 and SharePoint Online connection profile

Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody successfully create a connection profile to SharePoint Online in RoboHelp 2019? I tried creating a new one but even after successfully logging in, the Save button is still disabled.

TOPICS
Version control

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

After several days of troubleshooting, my final challenges with RH 2019 came down to a folder that needed to be created under the root document library of SharePoint.

To summarize

• if you are working behind a corporate firewall layered with security/monitoring software like ForcePoint or antivirus application, it's very likely that you will have to whitelist a lot of the urls that Adobe RoboHelp uses behind the scenes, like, microsoftonline.com, live.com, adobexxx.com, etc.;
  • make sure versioning is

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ideally no, Can you stop that process from try log collector tool once.

thanks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amitoj!

The collector has completed. It did report an error that it couldn't connect to Adobe. It did, however, generate the zxp file. How do I send the zxp? I prefer not to post the log on this thread as I am not sure what kind of information you have collected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please mail to amisingh@adobe.com

thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update:

We have isolated the issue to an internal security software through process of elimination.

• I disconnected from our corporate network and ran RH, and I was able to create the connection profile successfully; There was a catch, though: I did have to partially connect to our internal network as RH kept freezing on initializing itself. Why? Maybe Adobe can provide some explanation. Once RH was up and running, I disconnected again from our corporate network and things work until it was time to check in. RH threw a very generic application error with no clue as to what is wrong.
  • We then defined some urls and common .exe related to RH and we were able to have a level of success similar to the first bullet but this time, tunneled in through VPN; RH still threw the same very generic, useless error "Application encountered an error"
  • Lastly, connecting inside the corporate network yielded no amount of success

In summary, we purchased a product that we cannot use in a secure corporate environment. Two Adobe support folks have tried to connect to my PC and got me nowhere close to a solution, in fact, one of them ended up messing up my registry when she tried to uninstall the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have pinged someone who may be able to help.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We still have no success. A ticket (CRM:01094000002529) has been opened with Adobe (before I posted this), but the resource Adobe has provided is from a different time zone and he has no idea as to how time zones work. He calls at no predetermined time and expected me to pick up his call.

As of my last attempt, I was able to get past the firewall issues (again, no thanks to Adobe's amazing documentation). However, when I try to save or check-in, I get a very generic application error

roboerror.jpg

I looked at the obvious (and not so obvious) places that Adobe might bury the logs in Windows but I could not find any clues what this very detailed error is about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Apologies for late reply. I was on leave for some days.

Let me help you with this issue.

First of all were you able to install update 1 successfully?

If yes when you create a sharepoint profile you see application error?

If needed we can have a connect call and debug the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone from your TCS has reached out and scheduled a conference call sometime today. His name Pankaj Kumar.

To answer your questions:

First of all were you able to install update 1 successfully? Yes

If yes when you create a sharepoint profile you see application error? I was able to successfully create a profile after whitelisting some urls in our security software (ForcePoint), however, now that I have created a connection, when I try to check the changes in (or even save it), I get this error:

roboerror.jpg

and no other details are provided.

If you wish to connect to my pc, let me know what works for you. The other Adobe resource from Customer Support will try to connect later at 10 EST, however, I would rather interact with you since you have more details as to what has happened so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After several days of troubleshooting, my final challenges with RH 2019 came down to a folder that needed to be created under the root document library of SharePoint.

To summarize

• if you are working behind a corporate firewall layered with security/monitoring software like ForcePoint or antivirus application, it's very likely that you will have to whitelist a lot of the urls that Adobe RoboHelp uses behind the scenes, like, microsoftonline.com, live.com, adobexxx.com, etc.;
  • make sure versioning is configured on your SP lists/document libraries
  • make sure you create a folder specific to your project in your list/document libraries

Adobe, care to provide the people here that list of urls that need to be whitelisted as well as improve your product support and documentation? Have you even tested your products behind a firewall and with antivirus/antimalware software in place before claiming it works with other products? Geez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The list of URLs that need to be whitelisted are

1. https://graph.microsoft.com
  2. http://www.adobe.com
  3. https://login.microsoftonline.com/common/oauth2

And for the point that a folder has to be created on sharepoint online to add a project is implicit.This step is mentioned in add project section: Browse and select the folder on SharePoint where you want to add the project. Ensure that this folder is empty.

May be we can add a first step of creating a folder on sharepoint as suggested by you.

Again apologies for the inconvenience. We are continuously working towards removing these glitches. 

Thanks for your patience. For any sharepoint related query you can directly contact me at sumahesh@adobe.com

Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem when I tried to check in files using robohelp 2019 and it makes no difference whether I connect to the corporate network or not using VPN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please upgrade Robohelp 2019 to latest update 7.

Now launch RH and try to connect to SharePoint Online by creating profile. Close RH after the issue gets reproduced and share the log file kept at ..\AppData\Local\Temp\RHTMP folder. Whenever RH is launched then a log file gets created with timestamp in RHTMP folder and complete log is dumped when RH is closed.

Hopefully, this log will help us in investigating at what point SharePoint authentication is failing at your end.

Share the log files to my email id: sumahesh@adobe.com

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log attached.

The difference with Update 7 is the login screen appears briefly and recognises that I have an active token and disappears immediately before I have chance to select “Other User” or disconnect and reconnect.

I’m not sure how I can force it to disconnect from 365.

Does this log as-is have enough information to help trace the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not received any email with log files. Have you sent them to sumahesh@adobe.com ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Emailed the log file directly to you as it may contain private information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated from Help menu bar updates so I assume this will get the newest update
available.

From RB help about robohelp, adobe robohelp 2019 2019.0.7

when I tried to check in using menu bar Collaborate check in, it would prompt
the progress dialog at the bottom right Version control refreshing status (so I assume

the connection is good) and
a new dialog with all the files checked in the Check-in dialog. As I entered
some text in the "Change List Description" and hit "Check-In" button, it would
give me an error.

After the error, I closed the error dialog then it small information window at the bottom keeps
saying Version Control creating folders with the progress bar keeps going forever.
I have to close it by hitting the Dismiss link.

How do I attach the log file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @SomebodyWhoNeedsHelp , after you successfully established a connection, have you been able to successfully use the connection? Three of us need to use the SharePoint online connection to collaborate on the same project. The project owner can successfully upload the project, but when my other coworker and I download it to the folder we created on our location machine, at least a third of the files are missing. Have you had that problem? And if so, were you able to fix it? thanks!

Dawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@DawnPAmkai I think you should contact RH support as well - see https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your support contact options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Any further updates on this post?

I'm having exactly the same problem as described. I can use SharePoint successfully as a source control repository with RoboHelp 2019, and it works on more than one PWC from multiple locations when these PCs are connected directly to the Internet , but when I'm connected to the client's corporate network on a client's PC, the "Save" button is always inactive when I try to create a connection profile to SharePoint. Ports 80 and 443 are open and I can login to SharePoint 365 directly from a browser on the corporate network. I've used Fiddler and I can't see any blocked traffic. RoboHelp redirects to the 365 login and I'm prompted for credentials. These appear to be accepted and the panel closes, but I don't see the connected message as I do with PCs running outside of the corporate network.

It's frustrating because the only way I can work is to author sites using a laptop at the client's site using 4G to get the source files from SharePoint (or at my office using direct fibre to the Internet), but to publish changes to the Web server while on site, I have to VPN in over a slow 4G connection, or use a USB stick to transfer the files manually.

I'm on Update 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently upgraded to RoboHelp 2020 from RoboHelp 2017. We set SharePoint Online for versioning and have sucessfully added the projects to SharePoint Online. However, when try to connect to the Library in SharePoint Online to download any of the projects, it fails and we get an error message.

Has anyone succeeded  in connecting to SharePoint Online to download a RH 2020 project? The process fails consistently for us.

Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jacob50B9 It's obvious from this thread that some have succeeded. If after reading the answers you still cannot connect, I suggest you contact Support. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your support contact options.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp