• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2019 (Update 6): Git/SSH error "Permission denied (publickey)."

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an empty remote repository set up on Github (with a public RSA key associated with my account), a locally-saved project (just upgraded, ~1200 topics), a Connection Profile with the matching private key, and none of the problems listed here. Unless Rh secretly uses sudo?

So, why does Robohelp throw this error and become unresponsive whenever I try to Add Project to the profile/remote repo? (I've followed these instructions, though given it's not working yet I could have followed them incorrectly!)

TOPICS
New UI , Version control

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

As mentioned in the article RoboHelp Help | Collaborate using Git

To troubleshoot the git ssh connection can you please verify these points:

1. Is the path "C:\Program Files\Git\usr\bin" added to the system PATH variable ?

2. Are you able to successfully connect to github.com via ssh on the command line?

using `ssh -T git@github.com`

3. Do you have write permissions in the remote repository that you are trying to push to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dhruv,

1. Yes, and it's above the path to the native Windows SSH client.

2. Yes, it has connected successfully.

3. I thought so! I created the repo myself using my Github account and the browser interface. The SSH key is currently associated with my account, rather than set as a deploy key for the repo itself, but both ways have resulted in similar errors. (I assumed I didn't need to add myself as a collaborator.) Should I be using one of those SSH key set-ups in particular, or should either way work?

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Is the ssh key that you have added present in the '~/.ssh' directory? Here '~' represents the home directory of the current logged in user with which RoboHelp is being run. The same key (private) must be present in the '~/.ssh' directory of the current logged in user and also added to the remote repository(public). Please ensure this is the case

Thanks

Dhruv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dhruv,

Apologies for the delay, haven't looked at the repo in a few weeks.

I get the same behaviour with SSH keys (all in the ~/.ssh directory) set as repo deploy keys as I do when the key is attached to my Github account.

(Add Project often crashes Rh, but when I restart, the project appears to have been added. Whether it crashes when adding the project or not, when I Commit the program hangs/crashes while displaying the "Version Control - Git, Getting latest changes" message. When I Push, I get the error message above and the program also hangs/crashes.)

Using Git Bash, "$ git remote -v" in my Local Path returns "origin git@github:MyUsername/my-repo-name.git (fetch)" and "... (push)". Which implies that the remote/local connection (with permission to push to the remote) has been set up correctly, but there's a problem doing anything through Robohelp.

Thanks for your help,

Carly

Edit: Realised I switched between empty repo/Open Connection and existing project folder/Add Project in my responses, but both methods result in the same behaviour when I try to Commit or Push to the remote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp