• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2020 Can't reach this page

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My employer has a help file created in RoboHelp 2019, and they gave me RoboHelp 2020 since I'm the new person to maintain the help file. The problem I'm running into is when I look at the ToC and the entries on the contents folder several of my files exist and I can see them in RoboHelp 2020, but when I generate a Microsoft HTML Help file, or a responsive HTML5 output, I receive a "Can't reach this page" error with "Make sure the web address //ieframe.dll/dnserrordiagoff.htm# is correct" under the error message. The responsive HTML5 file says the file has either been moved or deleted.

Cant reach page in help file.png

File in RoboHelp ToC.png

File in Contents Folder.png

When I view the compiled HTML Help File that RoboHelp created the files are missing from that. I cannot figure out what makes these files not get included in the output generation.

File missing from combined help file.png

TOPICS
Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First of all please always add images using the photo icon. Thanks to an issue you won't be aware of in this forum, to view the images you have to save them locally and then you can't reply without closing the post and reopening it. Crazy I know but that's the way it is. Also some people who can help will simply not download files.

Is the problem confined to just those topics that you are looking for in the output or is it in fact all topics. That looks like the error message you get when you try to open a CHM on a network.

https://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/chm_mspatch/896358.htm

Against that is the fact you say it is happening with responsive layouts as well.

Things to try.

1. Was 2020 installed with admin rights? Essential.
  2. Do you have Update 1 applied?
  3. Are there any tags applied to those topics?
  4. Is there any source control involved?
  5. Create a new TOC with just one of those topics. It will make troubleshooting quicker.
  6. Create a duplicate of that topic and add it to the TOC. Remove all content from the duplicate and generate. Can it then be accessed? If it can then it's clearly something in the topic that needs looking into.
  7. Are you generating to the same drive as your project is on?

See where that gets you and post back.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp