• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2020 update 5 - project added to Sharepoint not showing with version control when downloade

Participant ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a project that has been added to sharepoint using Collaborate > Add Project. I need to edit this project so I selected Collaborate > Open Connection > Sharepoint Profile. I navigated to the folder on sharepoint, selected the .rhjp file and selected Open. Robohelp said it was downloading files. It is a huge project  (nearly 7,000 files).

The project is now in Robohelp. However, when I went to edit a topic, I did not get a message to say that it is not checked out. If  I right-click the topic, check out is not listed as an option and if I select Collaborate > Check in, the file I have edited is not showing up as needing to be checked in. 

Its like Robohelp does not think there is any version control on this topic. So far, this has happened on about 4 topics. However, its not happening on all of them. I have now selected collaborate > Get latest version to try and get these files from sharepoint. I have checked the folder in sharepoint and they are there and my colleague has worked on them and checked them back in (last week) with no problems. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This project has been created from Framemaker files ( I dont actually know how as my colleage set it up) I have just realized that the files that I cannot check in, when I right-click I get an option to update framemaker files. On the files I can check out, I dont get this option.

joannah98656944_0-1625677002206.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something in your logic sounds messed up - if it's a linked FM to RH project, then changes would be driven through FM, not RH. So there's little need for source control on the RH project, but a need for it on the FM content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This project was created  by importing framemaker files. The files are not nor have they ever been linked.  

1. My colleague created a rh 2020 project

2. She imported her framaker files

3. She Used Collaborate > add project to add the project to sharepoint

4. I downloaded the project using collaborate > open connection > profile name

And now I have this problem. When I looked at my c  drive, the folder that contains the problem files is read-only. 

I have also emailed tech support but as they often do not reply in a timely manner, I thought I would post something here, as we trying to get a workable project that more than one writer can work on from these framefiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried removing Read Only?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did and I changed something and then selected collaborate > Check in and the files were not listed as needing to be checked in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the menu item "FrameMaker Documents > Update All" is a red herring in this case. I get that menu on folders in my project even though I've never worked with a Framemaker file in my entire career.  

I have nothing helpful to offer on solving the source control problem, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amebr oooh, that's really annoying - the FM import process is supposed to be a "one & done" sort of thing. They shouldn't have left a "FM > Update All" function hanging about!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I have found out about bit more about this project. Because you can import framemaker files into Robohelp 2020, I think my colleague imported the files Robohelp Classic 19 and then upgraded the project in Robohelp 2020. 

I am not sure why this affect using sharepoint though? The files are all in the folder in sharepoint and have downloaded to my c drive correctly. Its just like Robohelp does not think there is a connection to sharepoint on some of those files? 

I wondered if, as a work around until we work out what is going on, if I could make changes to the topics and, in sharepoint select upload, navigate to the changed topic.html file on my c drive and upload the file directly to the folder in sharepoint. Then if my colleague does, get latest version, she would get the file with my changes? I guess we need to try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to confirm my colleague:

1. Imported her framemaker files to Robohelp Classic 19

2. In Robohelp 2020, upgraded the Robohelp Classic 19 project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About all I can suggest is to check the entire project out of source control & then check it back in, other than that, I think you'll need to talk to RH support - see https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your support contact options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import is a one off process. Update All is not left "hanging about", it's there for Linked Documents.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it should only appear IF the project was linked, not imported - that's how it worked in the past. Once you imported, the cord was cut & the project just looked like any other native RH project. Only linked projects had some "hook" left that pointed back to the source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a bit confusing because that is what led me to think that the project was linking to some framemaker files which might be causing the issue.

There definitely seems to be something wrong because, I thought I was downloading one project but in sharepoint we have been experimenting and there are 2 other versions of this project in the sharepoint folder and if I go to my c drive, I can see that those 2 other versions of the project have downloaded as well. Hence why it was so large and took so long!

So maybe you are right, and we need to delete everything from sharepoint and add the project again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually though, its not just that project, its the whole folder and there were folders within folders! And now, and some of the sub folders have files but some of them are empty! 

I think we need some advice on how to use Sharepoint with Robohelp. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff_Coatsworth Obviously I bow to you on all things Fm. If that is how it was in Classic, a bug report should be submitted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question: Do we need to have to a separate folder for each robohelp projects? In other words if this is my sharepoint url:

joannah98656944_1-1625752754292.png

Should I have only one RH project in the doc_team folder? And for each rh project I would have a new connection profile pointing a different folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each project must be in a unique folder. The RHPJ file will be in the root of that folder. You can have several projects under a parent folder.

My RoboHelp Projects > Project 1 (with all its folders and files)

My RoboHelp Projects > Project 2 (with all its folders and files)

is OK but I'm thinking given the confusion so far that keeping them entirely separate might be safer.

Project 1

Project 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I think it is worth trying at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just realised you meant on SharePoint. There I think separate top level folders would be better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp