Robohelp and Netskope

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with Robohelp and Netskope? It seems that Netskope is blocking the ability to create a connection between Robohelp and SharePoint Online, and therefore publishing is blocked.

Has anyone else had this issue, and how did you resolve it?

thanks,

Carmela

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never seen Netskope mentioned on this forum. Have you tried their forum to see if others have posted there with issues from RoboHelp or similar tools? Maybe Netskope themselves can help with identifying what is causing the block and then maybe Adobe can help?

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

New Users: Default forum names can be changed in your Account Settings.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd get your IT folks on this one - they need to tune the security app so that it doesn't block legitimate applications that you need to function.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Carmela. I suspect your IT team has already looked at this link, but just in case:

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I got the connection to work. Robohelp connected with SharePoint, created the location folder in the Documents folder, began to upload folders: template (2 folders in it), whdata (no files or folders in it),  and assests (nothing in the folder) and then it just stopped loading anything. It did this before, we let it go, waiting for an error, 4 hours later, no error, just the window stating that it was uploading files. But it seems to have gotten stuck. Has anyone had this happen, and if so, how did you resolve? Or where do I lead my IT department to look for a solution?

Is there any technical docuemtnation on how this should work? MY IT department said they have searched Adobe and no technical information on Robohelp. Without any detailed Adobe documentation, I can only come here and ask the questions, and go back to my IT department.  Thank you for your patience.

Carmela

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is what you have reported at https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp-discussions/robohelp-and-netskope/m-p/12938327#M144418 with Netskope involved or direct from RoboHelp to Sharepoint. If the latter, when you uploading, is that using the publish dialog or a third party tool?

Direct is covered in basic terms at SharePoint Online but that's pretty much which is what is in the online help, which I assume you have read.

If you can rule out Netskope still being an issue I think your best option with this one is Support. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp. 

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding. We've exhausted the avenues that you've referenced in your response. I have called Adobe, my IT has called Adobe, we've met with Adobe Tech support. I've sent emails updating Adobe Tech support on the latest progress, but have not received a response. 

It appears that the connection is being made, however, the publishing process is failing. We need IT and Adobe tech support to work together to find out if it's Robohelp or if it is our side. I'll continue to try to contact Adobe.

In the meantime, if there is anyone else on this community that has had this publishing issue (connection made, but the publishing process stalls) please let me know if you were able to resolve, and then how you resolved it.

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you're in contact with the RH folks - not the regular Adobe tech support crew (they tend to not know the ins & outs of RH very well).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've been in contact with Tulika, Surhbi, Amet and Deep, through email - no response since an April 20th meeting. And, called support on Tuesday with case#, told they would call back, no response.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is definitely as far as it can be escalated. 🙂 Have you sent anything to those people since 20th April? If not try a reminder.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also guessing that Adobe have checked your RoboHelp version, should be 7.

My gut feel is this is something on your side or there would be many more threads about this. That doesn't help though as you need to know what it is. I'm sorry I can't help on that.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Yes, I'm on version 2020.7.46, and I'm trying to publish frameless.

Thanks for responding, you and John are always so helpful, I appreciate both of you! Have a great day.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp