• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp Project saved to shared network drive

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if anyone can provide a list of reasons why a robohelp project should not be worked on while saved to a network drive. I can't seem to find anything in the robohelp documentation that states why this shouldn't be done. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who said it cannot be worked on while saved to a network drive? That was the case many years ago but that changed several versions back. The only limitation that Adobe cautioned about was the speed of the network and that is outside their control.

You haven't said what version you are using but unless you are using a very old version, you need to try it. Until you are satisfied your network is OK, then keep regular backups.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter, Thank you for your quick response. I am using Robohelp 2017. The biggest problem we tend to have is latency (which is really, really slow). I guess some of the posts I have read were probably outdated. One other issue that I have come across which I discussed in this post, is that if I import an image into robohelp, it will place the image into the top-level project folder instead of the folder of the topic I insert the image into. I was wondering if there might be any other odd behavior I should be aware of while working on a project in a shared network drive?

Thank you. I appreciate your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The image in the top-level folder thing is default behavior with classic when you paste an image into a topic. If you save the image to the folder you want it in, then import it as baggage, it will be right where you want it. Or you can move it manually, but that kind of sucks if you have source control, so just save it and import it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

The location of the project typically has nothing whatsoever to do with where images are stored when you add them. They have always been added at the root level of the project.

However, I think this may have changed in the all new 2019 release. I believe in that release images are now in a special folder named assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Thank you for the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any suggestions for resolving the latency issue that we experience?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd have to work with your network engineers for any latency issues. It's not something Robohelp can affect, and I don't think any of us are network engineers. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp