• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen shots used as images in RoboHelp 2019

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any suggestions as to methods to make screen shots used as images in Robo Help 2019 appear more professional and consistent?  I only have access to basic graphic tools (Paint and other defaults supplied by Microsoft). I have been capturing the screen shots then importing them into Paint.  Any pointers would be appreciated.

thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the screenshots in the RoboHelp Tour on my site. All done with Snagit from Techsmith. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Snagit is also very affordable, which I know is often a consideration. Also, it makes it much easier to get screenshots of dialog boxes, windows and menus, and lets you easily add markup, borders, etc to your images when necessary.

I would also personally recommend not to take screenshots with the application maximised - the more you have to resize the image the worse the quality will be. I resize the main window to as close to the size of the final help image as I can get without cutting off information in the application, or causing unfortunate wrapping, if the application content wraps. Then I take all my screenshots with that window size (or close to) for consistency.

The other reason I don't take the screenshot maximised is the window edges usually give nice definition to my screenshot - I don't feel I need to add a border or anything to define the edge of my screenshot. This isn't always possible of cource, especially for web (browser) applications.

Alt+Print Screen will take a screenshot of the active application window, if you aren't aware of that keyboard shortcut, whereas Print Screen alone grabs the entire monitor. Less cropping is good, imo. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Amebr Agreed but if you do have to resize, Snagit is the best tool.

One trick that I have found is not too well known is when you start the screenshot and the lines appear, use the up/down/left/right keys to get the shot pixel perfect.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp